Grandma-in-law used to prepare this dish for our breakfast when we traveled back to in law's place. She stopped cooking since a year ago. She's now 89 years old, wow! Before she retired, she passed on the recipe to me. :-)
I did't follow exactly what grandma-in-law did. In fact, I apply some shortcuts. For example, she used to fry egg, leave it cool, cut it into strips and used it for garnishing. But for me, I just make scrambled eggs to stir-fry with vermicelli. Either way, the noodles tastes good especially with the condiments of tomato ketchup.
Stir-Fried Vermicelli With Tomato Sauce
Vermicelli, adequate amount for 2, soaked and drained
3 Omega 3 eggs
3 clove of garlic, chopped finely
12 prawns, shelled and de-veined
some cabbage, julienne
a handful of bean sprout
2 & 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 & 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chili paste
1 stalk of scallion, chopped
some crispy fried shallot
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, add the eggs and scramble the eggs until cooked. Dish out and set aside.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in the wok and saute garlic until fragrant. Add the prawns, cabbage, bean sprout and stir fry.
3. Add seasoning. Stir fry for half a minute.
4. Pour in some water and bring to boil. Stir in vermicelli and mix well.
5. Add scrambled egg and stir fry well.