Monday, April 19, 2010

Pan-Fried Cod Fish With Butter Sauce


During our last shopping at Jusco, Queensbay Mall, hubby spotted the fresh Cod fish (not frozen). He requested the Chef at home (me lah of course!) to cook the Cod fish for our meal. *Wink wink*. The decision was on me. But, how could I resist to savor the flaky white flesh Cod fish?

Instead of steaming the fish fillet, I cook it another way - the Western style. So, I gathered some fresh ingredients like asparagus, button mushroom, and crunchy baby capsicums for the salad and side dish.

Although this is the fresh Cod fish, but it's definitely not as fresh as the one we tasted in Australia. What to do? Just wonder if the frozen Cod fish is the better choice? Ended up, hubby finished almost all the fish, and I prefer to munch on the button mushroom and fresh veggies. :)


Pan-Fried Cod Fish With Butter Sauce
Serves 2

Ingredients:

350gm of 2 fresh cod fish fillet
dash of black pepper
a pinch of salt
sunflower oil

The Butter Sauce

1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp of butter
a pinch of mixed herbs

Method:

1. Season the fish with salt and pepper.

2. Heat some oil in a pan. Brown the fish fillet for both sides. Set aside.

3. Clean the pan, melt some butter. Add lemon juice and mixed herbs. Pour the sauce on the fish.

16 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Such a delicious and catchy dish..yumm!!

MaryMoh said...

What a big chunk of fish! I t looks very delicious...mmmm

tigerfish said...

Like you, I love the colorful accompaniments to the fish: the bell peppers, asparagus and mushrooms :D

New Kid on the Blog said...

is this expensive???

Joanne said...

What a delicious way to prepare the cod! Whitefish and butter sauces go so well together.

Little Inbox said...

Priya, thanks. :)

MaryMoh, Yeah, really very big chunk of fish fillet.

tigerfish, just first time try the crunchy baby capsicum, and I fall in love with it. Sweet, crunchy and smell good!

New Kid, 100gm cost about RM8.

Joanne, yup, the butter sauce tastes good.

Juliana said...

Oh! I love the simplicity of this dish...sure makes life easier :-) Great pictures!

daphne said...

That's the thing! Cod fish is so good, it rarely needs much to be done with it. I love how you kept it simple!

Shell (貝殼) said...

yalo, difficult to get "fresh" cod fish here=.=

Little Inbox said...

Juliana, as you can see, I always cook simple meal at home.

daphne, I wish I can have fresh cod fish like what I tried in Perth. Here, can't get such good quality of fresh cod.

Shell, totally agree with you.

Food For Tots said...

What a colourful and wholesome meal! I usually pan-fry my cod with miso or just steam it with sauce. Must try out your recipe. ;)

TasteHongKong said...

Nice job, chef : ).

Dora said...

Nicely decorated. :)

Little Inbox said...

Food for Tots, feel free to try and let me know whether you love it or not.

Taste Hong Kong, hehe, thanks.

Dora, thank you!

Serene said...

Very nice dish. I love cod fish too! What are the "mixed herbs" you used? Any special brand to recommend?

Little Inbox said...

Serene, I use McCormick mixed herbs. Thanks for dropping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails