I started my baking journey with butter cookies in July 2009. That was a harder dough that can be shaped with roller and hand. This round, I'm trying a different recipe with the softer dough so that I can play around with my pastry decorating tool. After I completed this huge batch of cookies, I regret that i didn't invest a better tool. The cheap tool that I got was not user friendly at all, and I had a hard time squeezing the dough from the small container. Oh, tiring job!
Anyway, mission accomplished. I managed to share the cookies with some friends over the weekend.
250g salted butter at room temp
320g plain flour
140g Castor sugar
1tsp Vanilla essence
1. Beat butter and sugar till smooth and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Combine the batter with sifted flour to form a soft dough.
4. Fridge the dough for 15 minutes.
5. Put dough into the pastry decorating container with a star tip.
6. Squeeze and shape the dough on a lined baking tray.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15 minutes or until golden yellow.
8. Cool before storing in a airtight container.