Last few days, as usual, I targeted to clear the fridge. Hence, I used up whatever ingredients in the fridge to come out with this fried noodle. Never expect under such circumstances, I could discover a new finding. I found out that Chrisphead Lettuce tastes very good in fried noodle. To proof the finding is right, I even tried it in fried rice. It didn't fail me. The fried rice turned out great too.
Another ingredient that contributed to this fried soy bean noodle is the fried chicken strips. I used it as Protein substitute to prawn. That's a new flavor that I love. It's never too late to know the ingredients, the cooking styles and the flavors that suit your taste buds. That's the fun I got from cooking.
Fried Soy Bean Noodles With Chicken and Lettuce 鸡肉莴苣炒豆签
250gm of dried soy bean noodle
lettuce, cut into strips
1 chicken breast, skinned, deboned and cut into strips
1 stalk of spring onion
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tbsp of chili paste
1 tsp of dark soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
Marinades for the chicken:
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
dashes of white pepper powder
1. Marinate the chicken strips for 20 minutes.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add a tbsp of oil in the water. Cook the soy bean noodles till soft. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok, scramble the eggs. Set aside.
4. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in the same wok. Fry the chicken till golden yellow. Add garlic to saute.
5. Pour in the noodles and the seasonings. Mix well till the noodles is coated with the sauce.
6. Add bean sprout to stir fry.
7. Toss in lettuce, scrambled egg and spring onion to mix well.
8. Dish out and serve hot.