Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mushroom and Char Siew Fried Rice


My husband brought back a packet of fresh Shiitake mushroom instead of dried Shiitake per my shopping list. Not knowing what to do with it, I just add it to the fried rice. It was not bad at all. It’s quite tasty with the combination of char siew (Chinese roasted pork), egg and fresh Shiitake mushroom with rice. Here comes our simple lunch on Sunday. 

Mushroom and Char Siew Fried Rice
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 cup of rice, rinsed, cooked in rice cooker and cooled
2 eggs
1 piece of char siew (about 8cm length), sliced and chopped into small pieces
8 pcs of fresh shiitake mushroom, rinsed and sliced
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
1 stalk of spring onion, chopped
cooking oil
light soy sauce to taste


Steps:
1. Heat up oil in a wok. Scramble the eggs and dish out.
2. Heat up oil in the same wok, saute the char siew. Add mushroom and garlic. Stir-fry till fragrant.
3. Add cooled steamed rice. Sprinkle the rice with light soy sauce to fry till fragrant. Toss in the scrambled egg. Fry till you observe the rice is "jumping" in the wok. Dish out.

14 comments:

Food For Tots said...

Fresh mushroom is my family's favourite food. It is very versatile and I use it quite a lot in my daily cooking. It's such a great idea to add it in your fried rice. Looks so delicious!

ChiChi81 said...

I love Shiitake mushrooms, they're so fragrant and I love the taste. And I love fried rice too, I love that it's so simple and it basically clears my fridge. My principle is to never let any food go to waste haha I'd love to give your version of fried rice a go sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

ann low said...

I love to use fresh mushrooms so no need to soak it and also very tasty.

Priya Suresh said...

Super tempting fried rice..

Elin said...

Mushroom is my favourite food..fresh or dried :) having them in fried rice is great. Your fried rice looks delicious too !

My Little Space said...

Your fried rice sounds awesome. But still the best was sitting on the dinning table enjoying this bowl of rice with peace & quiet. hehe.... Enjoy life!
Kristy

kitchen flavours said...

Delicious bowl of rice! This is comfort food for me, great for any meal, and looks yummy!

tigerfish said...

I actually cook with fresh shiitake more than with dried ones. The latter usually has a stronger taste but I prefer the freshness (mildness) of fresh ones.

daphne said...

hehe i love how you said till the rice jumps! oh yeah!

mushrooms and char siew- great combination!! esp when it is fresh mushrooms!!

Noob Cook said...

love this one-dish meal. I like fresh mushrooms, dried ones usually only use for stews.

choi yen said...

I don't like char siew in my fried rice but I like the idea u put in the mushroom :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dish. So colourful. Must be tasty too.

Christine knapkins_com said...

Hi Foodie, Your Mushroom and Char Siew Fried Rice recipe has been selected to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/272?source=blog Congrats again!! :)

juzaguy52 said...

aslee449
The fried rice looks good.
I love fried rice & mushroom is oso my favourite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails