I've been seeing quite a lot of people using yogurt to replace coconut milk in curry. So, I gave it a try and it didn't disappoint me. In fact, yogurt's natural sourness is very suitable to the curry.
In this curry, you can find five colors of vegetables in it. Purple from the onion and eggplant. Yellow from the potato. Green from the okra, green chili and mint leaves. Red from the tomato. White from the fresh button mushroom. I'm very satisfied with my meal with only the curry and steamed rice.
Vegetable Yogurt Curry 蔬菜咖哩
1 potato, peeled and cut into pieces
1 round purple eggplant, cut into wedges
half of tomato, cut into wedges
2 green chili, cut into 2cm length
4 okra, cut into half
2 button mushroom, cut into wedges
8 pieces of vegetarian mutton
half onion, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp of yogurt
500ml of vegetable stock, from the potato boiling water
fresh curry paste
light soy sauce to taste
sugar to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boiling point. Add half tsp of salt and a tbsp of cooking oil. Blanch the okra and set aside. Then cook the potato till soft. Retain 500ml of the vegetable stock.
2. Heat up enough oil in a wok. Saute onion till fragrant. Add fresh curry paste to saute till oil is separated.
3. Add eggplant and vegetable stock. Bring for simmering.
4. When eggplant turns soft, add all other vegetables and vegetarian mutton to mix well. Bring it for simmering.
5. Add yogurt and seasonings to taste.
6. Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.