Time flies. I have abandoned my blog for quite some time. I’m away for good happenings. Officially, I’m a full time working mummy for two now. What a challenging role. What’s more the two little ones are just one year apart. Life is hectic, but very fulfilling. Despite the 2 kids, my life still goes on with cooking. However, I rarely have time to dress up my home cooked dish for photography. I will blog less till the situation allows me to do so.
This dish is a complete dish and balanced diet to serve with steamed rice. Just a quick stir-fry all the ingredients together, and our meal settle. Nonetheless, it is flavorful.
Capsicum, Shiitake Mushroom & Chicken Stir-fry
half of chicken breast, cut into strips
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
3 fresh shiitake mushroom, stalk removed and cut into strips
4-5 tbsp of water
1tbsp of fermented soy bean, chopped
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp light soy sauce
dashes of white pepper powder
1. Heat up oil in a wok. Fry the marinated chicken strips till golden yellow. Set aside.
2. With the remaining oil in the wok, stir-fry the onion and garlic.
3. Add mushroom and fried chicken strips to sauté with the seasonings and a few tbsp of water.
4. Stir-in the capsicum and mix well all the ingredients.
5. Dish out and serve hot with rice.