Monday, November 26, 2012

Capsicum, Shiitake Mushroom & Chicken Stir-fry



Time flies. I have abandoned my blog for quite some time. I’m away for good happenings. Officially, I’m a full time working mummy for two now. What a challenging role. What’s more the two little ones are just one year apart. Life is hectic, but very fulfilling. Despite the 2 kids, my life still goes on with cooking. However, I rarely have time to dress up my home cooked dish for photography. I will blog less till the situation allows me to do so. 

This dish is a complete dish and balanced diet to serve with steamed rice. Just a quick stir-fry all the ingredients together, and our meal settle. Nonetheless, it is flavorful.

Capsicum, Shiitake Mushroom & Chicken Stir-fry

Ingredients:
half of chicken breast, cut into strips
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
3 fresh shiitake mushroom, stalk removed and cut into strips
cooking oil
4-5 tbsp of water

Seasonings:
1tbsp of fermented soy bean, chopped
1tbsp oyster sauce

Chicken Marinades:
1tsp light soy sauce
dashes of white pepper powder

Steps: 
1. Heat up oil in a wok. Fry the marinated chicken strips till golden yellow. Set aside.
2. With the remaining oil in the wok, stir-fry the onion and garlic.
3. Add mushroom and fried chicken strips to sauté with the seasonings and a few tbsp of water.
4. Stir-in the capsicum and mix well all the ingredients.
5. Dish out and serve hot with rice.

8 comments:

daphne said...

I like the use of the fermented soy bean in this.

It must be difficult to juggle with some many commitments and responsibilities. Being a woman is never easy!

Little Inbox said...

Daphne, yes, it's challenging.
BTW, I missed to include the steps. Just got the post updated.

tigerfish said...

Good to hear your updates! A full-time working mom is never easy but I can see you are managing well. Happy for you :)

New Kid on the Blog said...

I must say this to you pal... Congratulations!!!!

I've been wondering what happened to you and are you alright! But whatever worries it is... it turn out to be good news!! Am glad for you!! :)

Little Inbox said...

Thanks pal. You hv been quiet for sometime too. How are you doing?

Little Inbox said...

I'm still adjusting to fit the new role better. ;-)

New Kid on the Blog said...

Yes... well.. will probably share more next time.

Love2cook Malaysia said...

This is so yummy!!! I love this dish...;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails