I’ve been cooking this for a couple of times. It’s definitely a simple and delicious meal to warm up your tummy. What’s more is it can be made in less than 30 minutes. I just learned to add more healthy ingredients in our daily meal. In this case, I have black fungus added. For a healthier version, I would suggest you to substitute yellow noodle with organic wheat noodle. In this way, you won’t feel guilty of consuming yellow noodle.
Fried Noodle with Minced Pork and Fungus 碎肉木耳炒面
600g yellow noodle, blanched in boiling water
200g minced pork
5 stalks of chives, cut into 1.5” length
2 florets of black fungus, soaked, drained and cut into strips
5 leaves of napa cabbage, cut into strips
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 Shiitake mushroom, soaked, drained and cut into strips
2tbsp of dark soy sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of chili paste
4 tbsp of light soy sauce (or adjust to taste)
dashes of white pepper powder
1. Heat up oil in a wok.
2. Add minced pork and leave it to fry for a while before stirring. Fry and get the minced pork separated.
3. Add onion sauté for a few minutes, stir in garlic to sauté till fragrant.
4. Add mushroom, black fungus and napa cabbage. Stir-fry for few minutes.
5. Toss in yellow noodle and bean sprout. Add seasoning to mix well. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
6. Add chives to mix well with the noodle. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes before done.