Recently, I've tried several cooking using different types of organic noodle. I use them to fry, to cook noodle soup, or even "mee rebus".
Organic carrot hi-protein noodle is another good option to replace the yellow noodle. I use the same brand as this. According to the info printed on the packaging, the noodle is made from certified organic hi-protein unbleached flour and organic carrots which are packed with fibre. Carrot is rich in disease fighting flavonoids and helps to protect night vision and promote good skin health. Vitamin A and beta carotenes found in carrot may prevent cataracts, which is a leading cause of blindness in the elderly. It will boost your nutritional intake, and also satisfy your taste buds.
Fried Carrot Noodle
2 pcs of Organic Carrot Noodle
Some cabbage, cut into bite size
14 small prawns, shelled
half onion, sliced
2 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp of chili paste
4 tbsp of light soy sauce
half tbsp of dark soy sauce
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. To prepare the noodle, just add the organic noodle (x2 pcs) to boiling water and cook for around 5 minutes until soft. Then, rinse in fresh water and drain.
2. Heat some oil in a wok, and saute onion and garlic till fragrant.
3. Add in prawns and and cabbage to stir fry. I let the cabbage saute for a while until it's cook.
4. Stir in dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and chilli paste to mix well.
5. Pour in the noodle and fry till all the ingredients mix well. Add a little bit of water if it's too dry.