However, for me, I've never cook watercress soup. Until last Sunday, suddenly I thought of want to try it out, but using my own style - the vegetarian version. :)
1. a bunch of watercress, wash and cut into 2" length.
2. 1 corn, cut into 4 pcs
3. half of a small yam bean, cut into 6 pcs
4. 1 carrot, cut into bite size.
5. 8 red dates, wash and cut open.
6. 1250ml of water
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Bring the water to boil in a pot. Add in corn, carrot, yam bean and red dates.
2. Simmer under medium heat for 45 minutes.
3. Add in watercress and simmer the soup for another 25 minutes.
4. Add seasoning and serve hot.