Garlic bread is a good accompaniment for all types of creamy soup and chowder. Yesterday we were not in mood to have rice stuff, so I just bake some garlic bread and cook some pumpkin soup for our dinner. This is the first time I make these two stuffs, and I decided to make from scratch. The garlic bread was great. It's crunchy and fragrant. However, the pumpkin soup turned out not so thick, due to too much fresh milk added. I should have cut down the milk portion into half.
See my nicely baked garlic bread? :)
3/4 French loaf
3 tbsp salted butter
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice the French loaf to 2.5cm each.
2. Spread a layer of salted butter to each loaf slice.
3. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan, and lightly saute the chopped garlic. Off the fire.
4. Preheat the oven at 180C for 5 minutes.
5. Spread the garlic to each slice of loaf and arrange them on baking pan.
6. Bake the garlic bread for 8 minutes under 150 and finally 5 minutes under 180.
7. Serve hot with soup of your favorite.