This orange cake is the similar recipe to my earlier lemon cake. With the micro computer rice cooker around, the orange cake is quick and easy to make. Since I was in baking mood last weekend, I baked two orange cakes to share with my family and friends.
I made some minor modification on my earlier recipe and I observe some improvement this round. Besides the prettier appearance, the cake is fluffy, light and moist. With the little effort, you'll get a healthier version of cake with no margarine and butter.
Yields for 12 pieces
5 grade C eggs
180gm self raising flour, sifted
1 tsp of baking powder
120gm Castor sugar
50gm sunflower oil
1 orange, finely grated zest
3tbsp orange juice
1. Beat the eggs and Caster sugar under high speed until fluffy. (I beat it for about 15 minutes).
2. Add the orange zest and orange juice. Gently fold in the sifted flour and baking powder with plastic spatula.
3. Pour in the sunflower oil and mix well with spatula.
4. Using spatula, transfer the batter into inner pot of rice cooker. Give the pot a few good shake to remove the air trapped in the batter.
5. Bake the cake using "quick cook" menu.
6. When it's done, leave it cool. Upside turn the pot to leave the cake bottom-up on a big plate.