The Six Combination Dessert
Purple glutinous rice is also called as black glutinous rice. It contains Protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Besides, it is rich in vitamin B complex and minerals. It also aids blood cell production. The rice must be cooked till the outer layer is broken so that it releases vitamins and minerals. If not cook thoroughly it may cause digestive problem.
Purple glutinous rice dessert is quite simple to prepare, but it takes hours to cook. This is how I make the dessert.
Purple Glutinous Rice Dessert
6/8 cup of black glutinous rice
2 litres water
Rock sugar to taste
16 dried longans, washed and drained
6 pandan leaves, tie into 2 knots
Serve with salted coconut milk
1. Wash and drain glutinous rice.
2. Bring water to boil in a pot, and add in the pandan leaves.
3. Pour in the rice and bring it to boil. Turn to small heat and cook till the rice turn soft.
4. Add the longan and rock sugar and boil the porridge until it turns sticky.
5. Serve hot with salted coconut milk.
Tips: Add a pinch of salt to the coconut milk. This will enhance the flavor and make the dessert more delicious. It has the magic power!