A simple way to whip up a balanced meal is to combine all essential source – carbohydrate, protein, vitamins & minerals and fats. Fried rice is one example. I cook quite a lot of it recently, and I haven't get bored of it yet.
Fried Red Rice with Minced Pork 红米肉碎炒饭
3/4 cup of white rice
1/4 cup of red rice
3 heaped tbsp of minced pork, marinated with a tsp of light soy sauce and dashes of white pepper powder
2 eggs, cracked in a bowl
1 Romaine lettuce, root discarded, rinsed under running water and cut into strips
100g Enoki mushroom, root discarded, cut length wise into half
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
Light soy sauce
1. Mix up the red rice and white rice. Rinse and cook in rice cooker. Once cooked, cool it down.
2. Heat up oil in a wok. Scramble the eggs and set aside.
3. Heat up oil in the same wok, fry minced pork and get it separated.
4. Add garlic and sauté till fragrant. Add Enoki mushroom and the scrambled egg. Mix up all the ingredients.
5. Add cooled steamed rice. Add light soy sauce and fry till fragrant. Toss in the lettuce, mix well and of the flame.