Merry Christmas everyone! I cooked this for our simple Christmas eve dinner last night. We don't celebrate Christmas, but we do spent time at home enjoying our home cooked meal with nice cold drinks and dessert. This is so called precious family time, don't you think so? :)
Oppss, by the way, my roasted chicken was not browned properly. Hai...the old table top oven not performing well. But, it tasted good though, haha...
Roasted Chicken with Home Made Thai Sauce 泰式酱烤鸡扒
2 chicken thighs, deboned
some baby capsicums, seeded and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thick strips
2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 tomato, diced
half broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
dashes of black pepper powder
1 and a half tbsp of Thai chili sauce
1 tbsp of sugar
5 coves of shallots, peeled and sliced
1/4 of ginger flower, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
1. Marinate chicken for 3 hours, leave it in the fridge.
2. Boil potato and carrot for 5 minutes, drained. Blanch the broccoli and drain. Set it aside.
3. In a baking tray, arrange the potato, carrot, tomato, capsicum at the base. Top it with the 2 chicken thighs.
4. Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Roast the chicken for 50 minutes under 180 deg C follow by last 10 minutes under 200 deg C, or until the skin is browned.
5. While the chicken is roasting in progress, prepare the Thai sauce by mixing up all the required ingredients.
6. Serve the roasted chicken with Thai sauce, roasted vegetables and blanched broccoli.