Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sweet Potato Dessert 番薯糖水


My friends asked if I have not been cooking for couple of months. It made me realized blogging is no longer my priority in daily routine task. I have very limited time to reply my readers' comment, and my readers' email. Although I spent very little time to blog, but I still cook a lot. I seldom fail to prepare dinner at home on weekdays, except Friday. Friday used to be our dine out day and to shop for groceries.

When comes to weekend, life's seem hectic. Baby sticks to me every time I bring her home. She prefers mummy much more than daddy. Hence, weekend cooking becomes difficult to me. I can cook on really simple stuffs. For example, the one-pot-dish, the stew, and slow cooked dessert like this sweet potato sweet soup. 

This is an improved version of normal sweet potato dessert. I added some dried longan, red dates and white fungus to this sweet soup on top of the sweet potato and screw pine leaves. So, you can imagine, it is tastier.

Sweet Potato Dessert 番薯糖水
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 liter water
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized
10 dried longan, soaked and drained
12 red dates, rinsed and pitted
2 florets of white fungus, soaked and divided into portions
4 screw pine leave, knotted
rock sugar to taste

Steps:
1. Bring water to a boil. Pour it into the slow cooker.
2. Add all the ingredients and cook under high heat for 2 hours.
3. Add rock sugar to taste.
4. Serves hot or cold.

9 comments:

WendyinKK said...

It's a very short period when the baby sticks to you. Time flies and very soon, baby won't want to be sticky anymore.

Your tongsui has lots of liao, very nice.

tigerfish said...

Your Tong Sui looks so nourishing and soothing!

Blackswan said...

This is certainly a great "tonic" if u dislike those bitter soup. Full of great herbs!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nice to have all these extra ingredients , next time I cook this again, I must add these too. Family always come first, you did the right way.

Noob Cook said...

at least you are still cooking ^^ love this 糖水 very much

daphne said...

awww.. but that's good reason not to blog. your bb needs you! Nevertheless, I love this sweet soup- so light!

kitchen flavours said...

Your tong shui looks delightful! I remember when my daughter was young, she sticks to me like glue!! But they will outgrown it, meantime enjoy your time together! :)

My Little Space said...

Soon the baby will know how to enjoy tong sui with daddy & mommy. That's mean more cleaning job to do. kekeke... Hope you're having a lovely evening.
Blessings
Kristy

Food For Tots said...

Though my "big" tot is in P1, he still sticks to me. :( Besides taking care of the housework, I am tied down with his school work. Thus, I have very (almost none) "me" time and find that it's hard to concentrate on my blog. But it's very satisfying to see him growing day by day. I'm sure you have achieved other thing even though you loose out on your blogging. 加油!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails