Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Papaya Salad (Kerabu Betik)

It's my first time making a kerabu dish. I'm using the raw papaya freshly plucked from in law's back yard to make this papaya salad. The process is really simple and the outcome is quite impressive. The combination of sweet, sour and spicy online will get you excited. It's a good appetiser to kick start a meal.

Papaya Salad

Ingredients:

1/4 of unripe papaya, peeled, seeded and shredded
1 bunga kantan, finely chopped
handful of mint leaves, coarsely chopped
some bird's eye chilies, chopped
5 kalamansi, juiced (adjust to your own liking)
pinch of salt
brown sugar to taste

Method:
Mix all the ingredients and keep it cool in fridge before serving.

14 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

lOOK easy.....*Cough*

Elin Chia said...

I loooove this. Will make this as soon as I get a good nice papaya. Thanks for sharing this. You are getting to be a cook now :)

Big Boys Oven said...

wow my favourite salad, so full of goodness! ;)

Anonymous said...

nice share...normally we make mango kerabu only...should try papaya one day!

xin said...

great recipe! will let my mom know since we always have tonnes of raw papaya at home

Shell (貝殼) said...

simple & nice~

-j- said...

simple, nice but i'm no salad person!!! btw love the photograph!!!

Joanne said...

Sweet and sour is the perfect flavor combination. This salad looks so fresh and flavorful.

New Kid on the Blog said...

you really make me proud of you!!! :)

Fresh Local and Best said...

This looks like a wonderfully refreshing salad!

Noob Cook said...

such a beautiful and refreshing salad, so suitable for the tropical heat :)

Little Inbox said...

MRC, yes it is, not difficult la.

Elin, it will taste better if using raw mango to replace raw papaya.

BBO, you mean it's nutritious?

SimpleGirl, mango kerabu taste better lor...

xin, great! Share with your mom then.

Little Inbox said...

Hi Shell, thanks. :)

Duckie, it's from hubby, hehe...

Joanne, and it's spicy too...

New Kid, hehe pai seh la. :P

Fresh Local and Best, yea, but I can't eat much cuz it's spicy too.

noobcook, hehe...I use raw papaya, just wonder will it be better to use green papaya?

Jimmy said...

I just picked up a big papaya at the store.. they were on sale. I wasn't sure what to even do with it... but now I know. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails