Monday, November 22, 2010

Fried Macaroni - The Fusion style


When I was a kid, I hate to have macaroni. I just don't like the taste when cooked in chicken stock. It's too bland to my liking. However, ever since I discovered this fusion style fried macaroni, it has become my favorite meal at home. Through simple cooking, the macaroni has transformed into a flavorful one-pot-dish. Well, I do change the ingredients from time to time to get a different flavor. Overall, I would say macaroni cooked in this way tastes so good! yummz!


Fried Macaroni - The Fusion style
Serves 3


Ingredients:
Macaroni, portion for 3, cooked per the packaging instruction (I cooked it longer to get softer texture)
3 Brussel sprouts, sliced horizontally
1 onion, peel and diced
a half palm-sized portion of char siew, chopped
2 caps of dried shiitake mushroom, dehydrated and chopped
2 eggs, beaten lightly
cooking oil

Seasonings:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chili paste
2 tbsp water

Steps:
1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Fry the egg in 2 batches into 2 egg sheets. Set aside for cooling. Roll up a piece of egg sheet and sliced it thinly. Do the same for the 2nd piece. Set aside for the garnishing later.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in the same wok. Fry onion till transparent. Add char siew and mushroom to stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add Brussel sprouts and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Toss in the boiled macaroni and seasonings. Fry for 3 minutes.
3. Dish out and garnish with egg strips. Serve hot.

10 comments:

busygran said...

Cooking is so flexible. You can cook it the way you like. You have made macaroni sound so good and tasty!

ann low said...

This is truly fusion. Love the color and looks so delicious :)

Gladys Kock said...

The fusion-styled macaroni looks tempting with your twist to those of traditional one. Your photo did the justification well and your husband is indeed a lucky man!

tigerfish said...

I like macaroni - in soups and fried-styles like this! I like your addition of char siew. First!

Elin Chia said...

I love baked macaroni too and yours looks great for my dinner :) Thanks for sharing :)

Juliana said...

What a nice fusion dish...love the ingredients in it, specially the rolled eggs...SO cute :-)

Little Inbox said...

Gladys, I can see you cook a lot, so same to your man and your daughter. :)

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

I love cooking macaroni fusion style too yummy!

My Little Space said...

My children love pasta in anyway and your fusion style sounds great. Thanks for sharing & hope you're enjoying your day.
Kristy

daphne said...

ooo.. addition of brussel sprouts i see! truly fusion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails