Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spaghetti Stir-Fried With Laksa Leaves


The fresh laksa leaves that was left over from the assam laksa was utilized in this spaghetti stir-fry. I thought the spaghetti will be infused with lemony flavor from the laksa leaves, Who knows, it's pretty tasteless per hubby's feedback. So, don't be fooled by it's appealing look. Anyway, hubby was very supportive as he finished up all the portion that I specially prepared for his lunch. 

Spaghetti With Laksa Leaves
Serves 1

Ingredients:
spaghetti, portion for 1
1 Brussel sprout, horizontally sliced
18 pieces of laksa leaf
6 medium-sized prawns, shelled and deveined
1/2 onion, peeled and thinly diced
cooking oil
chili for garnishing (optional)

Seasonings:
Salt and pepper



Steps:
1. Cook the spaghetti per the packaging intruction till al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat some oil in a wok. Saute onion till soft it not browned. Add laksa leaves and Brussel sprout to combine and  stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Ass prawns and saute for 2 minutes. Toss in spaghetti and saute with the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Dish out and garnish with chili.

11 comments:

tigerfish said...

I have tried a spaghetti dish stir-fried with laksa paste and leaves before. In short, it is like dry laksa!

ann low said...

Oh..this sounds delicious and new to me. Lovely picture as always :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

I got fooled by the appealing look. :D

pigpigscorner said...

Very nice! I love frying spaghetti with laksa paste but nver with laksa leaves.

Cooking Gallery said...

The picture looks very pretty and clear and the recipe sounds great too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pasta with succulent prawns.

Joanne said...

I'm sorry the laksa leaves didn't give much flavor! It certainly does look delicious!

Jelly Shot Test Kitchen said...

Looks so good - beautiful picture too, so vibrant!

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker said...

Haha ahhh that sounds like my dear husband who will eat anything I put before him regardless of quality =) The pasta does look good though! And your laksa looks utterly fabulous

Noob Cook said...

I love fushion pasta dishes like this :p~

dining tables said...

I like your idea of adding shrimps to this pasta dish. Really nice. I would love to give it a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails