Broccoli soup seems too plain to serve on its own. So, I paired it up with garlic bread. It will never go wrong to serve garlic bread with Western styled soup.
Everyone has their own version of garlic bread, so do I. I like to keep my garlic bread as simple as possible. You can see my garlic bread was toasted to perfection. Its flavor is enhanced by roasted garlic, butter and mixed herbs. The texture is so crunchy and it smells fantastic. Garlic bread and broccoli soup, that was our simple and healthy dinner.
Garlic BreadMakes 7 slices
1/2 French loaf
3 tbsp salted butter
1 bulb of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1. Slice the French loaf diagonally.
2. Spread a layer of salted butter to each loaf slice.
3. Preheat the oven at 180C for 5 minutes.
4. Spread the chopped garlic to each slice of loaf and arrange them on baking pan.
5. Sprinkle mixed herbs on the loaf slices.
6. Bake the garlic bread for 8-10 minutes under 170 deg C.
7. Serve hot with your favorite soup.