It's been a month since my colleagues and I ordered our vegetarian set lunch. The catered vegetarian meal is solely based on vegetables and tofu, no MSG and with very less processed food. Throughout the catering, I got some inspiration to cook more vegetarian dish at home. This is one of them.
Vegetarian Steamed Tofu
1 block of tofu
1 tomato, diced
1 dried mushroom, soaked and thinly sliced
a thumb-sized Sze Chuan preserved vegetable, soaked, drained and cut into strips
1 tbsp of plum sauce
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 red and 1 green bird's eye chili, chopped
1. Cut the tofu into pieces, and arrange on a heat-proof plate.
2. Arrange tomato, preserved vegetable and mushroom surrounding the plates.
3. Pour the seasonings over the ingredients.
4. Steam it over boiling water for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish the tofu with bird's eye chili, and serve hot with rice.