The other day, I saw Tesco ran promotion on its own brand of dried herbs and spices. I eyed on a bottle of Thyme that just cost for RM3.99. So, I bought it and started to use it in my cooking. For a start, we had Thyme roast chicken that was prepared in air fryer rather than electric oven.
This was my first experience of using air fryer to roast chicken. To roast chicken in air fryer, I brush a layer of cooking oil onto the chicken skin. The roasting process just took around 15 minutes, compared to 45 minutes or more in an electric oven. So, it’s less time consuming. The result was impressive. The chicken skin was brown nicely, and the meat remained tender and juicy. So, here’s another success air fryer recipe. Yay!
Air-Roast Chicken with Tomatoes (Air-Fryer Recipe)
2 chicken thigh, deboned and excess fat removed
1 tbsp of cooking oil
1 tsp of Thymes (dried herbs)
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
1. Marinate chicken for 1 hour.
2. Preheat air fryer at 180 deg C for 2 minutes.
3. Brush cooking oil on the chicken skin. Roast it in air fryer at 180 deg C for 15 minutes with skin facing down.
Remark: The 2 chicken thighs that I cooked are pretty small in size. You may need longer time if you use bigger chicken thigh).
4. Remove the chicken thigh from the air fryer.
5. Drizzle the collected chicken oil over the tomato. Roast the tomato for 6 minutes under 160 deg C.