Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chicken Rice Cooked In Rice Cooker



After reading Allie's clay pot chicken rice, I got an idea to cook a simple chicken rice using the electric rice cooker. Without wasting my time, I urged hubby to drive me to Jusco at Queesbay Mall to buy some ingredients. What I have at home is just the organic ecoBrown's rice, chicken breast, and dried mushroom. Still lacked of white rice and lup cheong.

By the time I gathered all the ingredients, it's already 6.30pm. I told myself, I would not have time to marinate the chicken, so I got to do something else in order to make the chicken tasty.

Here's what I did. I stir fried chopped garlic in a preheat non-stick pan, and pour in chicken breast, mushroom and lup cheong to mix well. Then I added some oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, and light soy sauce to the mixture and continue to stir fry for a while. After that, pour in the washed rice to stir fry together, and pour in sufficient water. Bring it to a boil. Finally just pour everything into rice cooker.

Hmm...in fact, this is not a recipe post. I didn't really measure the amount of each ingredients and seasoning. Everything was just based on my experience. Well, ok, don't misunderstood. I'm not an aunty yet. My experiences only accumulated since I started cooking 3 years ago. It's my passion to discover home cooked recipe. :) Also, I inherit my mom's culinary skills.

Anyway, I like the result. Haha...

9 comments:

Penang Tua Pui said...

Wah.....

Home cooked chicken rice... but it looked more like claypot rice, right?

Looks good and delicious, yum yum.... thinking of having supper lioa...

Claypot chicken rice? :D:D

Little Inbox said...

Wah?! Having claypot chicken rice for supper? Too heavy or not? LOL

Anonymous said...

wow...nice...

Little Inbox said...

Hi Squall, try it out if you like.

New Kid on the Blog said...

6.30pm still manage to marinate the chicken. cuz, cooking time is only 20mins maximum. you only need to marinate for 10mins, it will be very tasty already.

but with this, the result turns out to be very successful. bravo, pal!!

Little Inbox said...

I see, so next time I will try out the merinate method to compare the result. :P

Allie said...

Yummy. In future I can try this way to cook claypot chicken rice. Looks Yummy!

Little Inbox said...

Allie, I know you'll like it! :P

gill gill said...

chicken rice can have many versions as long as you like to cook it your way. yours is dark version....heee

actually chicken rice is very easy to cook and you dont even to precook it. choose fillet n cut into slices, add in some mushroom slice, some ginger and marinate with soy sos, oyster sos, salt, papper, sugar for awhile. put rice in the rice cooker, before your rice is cook (nearly cook), pour in the marinated chicken, mushroom, lap cheong and close the lip wait until its done. everything will be cooked when the rice is done and that is the time where you can sprinkle some chinese wine "花雕”.

this would be a white version.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails