Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old Town White Coffee @ Lagenda Heights, SP

Over the past few months, Lagenda Heights (Sungai Petani) has become a famous spot for youngsters to hang around. Restaurants, coffee shops, Tesco Hypermarket, small complex - Village Mall, hair saloons, SPA & reflexology saloons, and many more shops gathered around in this new area.

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon when we were back in SP. After surveying some accessories and furniture in almost all of the local furniture shops, we decided to find a place to enjoy our afternoon tea. :)
I longed for a cup of "kao kao" ice white coffee, so I pestered him to bring me there. Yes, Old Town White Coffee. There is a new outlet in Lagenda Heights. So far, I can see their business is running quite well here.


Both of us ordered the same drink - the Iced White Coffee. Ahh.....not only refreshing, but it also boost our energy as well. Hehehe... sounds like we are addicted to caffeine?


This round we tried their Ice Fire Polo Bun. Why ice? Why fire? Well, the fire is representing the hot polo bun, and the ice represents the freezing cold thick layer of milky butter. It's a perfect combination. Just a bit guilty to my body of consuming too much fat. Oh, no......... :(


Never forget to order 2 pcs of Kaya & Butter Toast. :P

14 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

do they have like curry mee, jawa mee for this outlet??
recently i went to the one near sunshine square. the curry mee was only mee, no mee hoon... kinda filling. taste wise, no comment la.

Little Inbox said...

new kid, yes, they have curry mee, but not sure if they have Jawa mee. I don't like yellow noodle, so I did not order their noodle stuff. When I eat Hokkien mee or curry mee at hawker stall, I will emphasize to have mee hoon & just little of yellow noodle. :)

J2Kfm said...

wah ...they're everywhere aren't they? if only the quality of the food is better, sure will attract the crowd.

somehow only the toasts remain as my order. the others? yuck.

Little Inbox said...

j2kfm, yalor, even the nasi lemak now taste really so so nia.

Our Journey said...

if only you can categorize your post by location or by shopping malls ;) i like your food review esp on food guide in AutoCity & QB :)

Allie said...

SEems like nowadays Old Town is getting some bad comment huh...

worldwindows said...

So far the toast and the coffee there among the best. If they can straighten up the training and also tightening up the food preparation it will be competitive with well-known international brands. My last meal was kai see hor fun. Taste was excellent except the presentation. Imagine a few puddles of bubbles gathering on top of the bowl of noodles.

Little Inbox said...

Our Journey, thanks for your comment. I'll think of how to re-org my blog. :)

Allie, I think they employ too many foreigners to helping out the operating.

worldwindows, they don't really focus in food presentation, hahaha...

Shell (貝殼) said...

i don't like to visit Old Town Coffee anymore because their glass is very thick & shallow and it contains only very little drinks:(

Anonymous said...

The butter kaya toast remains the only food from Old Town which its quality is still being maintained in my book.

Sharon Y. said...

I enjoy hot toast with cold butter but I haven't been getting that from Old Town. I usually just drop by for caffeine fix or the Ximut milk tea and wheatgrass honey juice

tigerfish said...

I like the Ice Fire Polo - the butter is cold (ice) and the bun is warm (fire). I like it with Kopi Gaw!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to try the Ice Fire Polo Bun...good item for teatime.

Little Inbox said...

Hi Shell, oh, you're a good observer.

Vkeong, I see, but from time to time, I try the other stuff that is new to me like this Ice Fire Polo bun, and it tastes great too.

Durianberry, yes, I tried their lemon wheatgrass too quite sometime ago. It's refreshing cold drink.

Tigerfish, hmm...we like the same thing, yes!

CK Lam, ok, go try it out! I hope you like it too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails