Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seaweed Soup With Meat Balls



Due to our house renovation, it'll not be convenient for me to cook at home right now. We'll dine out this whole week. Anyway, I would like to share a simple soup that I've made last week, the seaweed soup with meat balls. This is a " quick soup" which does not require a long time to boil.

According to nutrition data, seaweed is low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese. However, got to take note that it is very high in Sodium.

With its nutritional value and simple cooking method, why not you give it a try?

Seaweed Soup With Meat Balls

Serves 2

Ingredients:

Some dried seaweed, washed & drained
150gm minced pork
2 small stalk of spring onion, chopped
1 tsp of light soy sauce
A pinch of pepper
700ml chicken stock
1 tbsp of garlic oil

Instructions:

1. Marinate minced pork with light soy sauce and pepper and leave for 20 minutes.

2. Bring the chicken stock to boil in a pot.

3. Make the minced pork mixture into meat balls and add to the soup.

4. Add garlic oil.

5. Pour in the seaweed and simmer for few seconds.

6. Sprinkle the spring onion and off the fire. Serve hot.

16 comments:

Food Paradise said...

This is one of my gal favourite soup. It's simple but tastes nice. lol

tigerfish said...

Luv such homemade soup!

Selba said...

Very nice soup...

Dora said...

My chef cooked something like this before and she also added tofu cubes. :)

choi yen said...

Simple but niceeee~~

New Kid on the Blog said...

if i drink a lot of this soup, i'll feel giddy, i dont know why also.

-j- said...

oh one of my fav too and i change the recipe to suit my taste!!!

Food For Tots said...

I seldom made this soup because my son doesn't like seaweed. But when I used my last batch of seaweed to make this soup, seasweed became his favourite. Weird boy! Hehehe!

Elin Chia said...

Simple and lotz of goodness in it. Will try this out definitely. Btw, what seaweed you used? The sushi type or the other type found in most pot mee stall?

worldwindows said...

A popular soup dish in 'tai chow'. Very nice esp the taste impart to the soup be the seaweed.

Food Promotions said...

Yes, love this seaweed soup. Especially those korean type of seaweed. Its smoother.

foodbin said...

a truly simple and fast healthy meal

minchow said...

Oooh fantastic!! Makes my tummy warm just reading the recipe! My problem is getting the chicken stock ready... I don't believe in instant stock, so would have to look at a few hours beforehand boiling chicken bones!

Little Inbox said...

Hi all, looks like majority of us like this seaweed soup.

Elin, I just use the normal seaweed that ppl use for steamboat and Yong Tau Fu.

mysimplefood said...

Ohhh! That's one of my fav soup. Simple to make and healthy too!

My Taste Heaven said...

We use to cook this soup very often at home, all the kids love it so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails