Saturday, February 14, 2009

Swenson's @ Auto-City

I have read lots of reviews on Swenson's but I have yet to step in to their restaurant. So, the other day when we happened to drop by Auto-City for our dinner, I led hubby to this place.

We took our time to go through their menu. We were not sure what to order, so we really had a long discussion. :) Pasta, burger, baked rice, chicken or fish? So, let's see what we had.


Since we ordered the creamy and oily stuff for our main course, we just opt for lemon & lime drinks to wash away the oil that we consumed. So, here they are - the iced lemon tea and lime sherbet.

Clam Chowder - baby clams, diced potatoes, carrots, onions and celery in creamy soup served in a sourdough breadbowl. This is something new to us. Both of us like it very much, just that the serving is too small, haha...



BBQ Mushroom Chicken Burger - Juicy minced chicken patty with BBQ mushrooms and grilled vegetables, served with US fries and coleslaw. We love this very much. All the ingredients are matched to the perfection. The burger is very fragrant and flavorful. The mushroom and grilled vegie enhanced the overall taste. I just love the aromatic of the mushroom. How good if we can find this kind of burger in McD. :) I'll definitely go back for this delightful burger again for sure.


BBQ Half Chicken - Half chicken tenderly braised and grilled in smoked BBQ sauce, served with US potatoes & seasonal vegetables. We found that the potatoes were a bit hard, and the chicken is too sweet to our liking. Everything was just too ordinary.

The bill cost us for RM79++. Expensive??

Address: Jalan Perusahaan, North-South Highway Juru Interchange, Auto-City.
Tel: 04-502 2850.

They have other outlets in Queensbay Mall, Gurney Plaza & Times Square at Penang.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

9 comments:

cariso said...

Yeah to me - Expsv!

Food Paradise said...

Well.... I tried their foods once in Queensbay Mall with my friends. I don't like the foods there. So my second visit is go for their ice-cream. lol
Happy Valentine's to you and your hubby too!

Dora said...

I like the BBQ Mushroom Chicken Burger! Think RM79 is reasonable since it will be around the same cost when converted to SGD and compared with the bill in SG.

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Allie said...

I prefer the ice-creams than the main course there. I wanted to try out their earthquake, but can't get enough person to go with me :(

New Kid on the Blog said...

I'd a very bad experience with them in Auto City outlet, and I told myself I won't be going back there anymore.

Talk about it, we've just had a recent gathering with my secondary school classmate there. Somehow, the service is not up to my expectation, but this time, I can't complain much.

Selba said...

Oh... the 1/2 bbq chicken tasted ordinary, too bad, coz it looks delicious in the pic.

Little Inbox said...

Cariso, price is always subjective, haha...

Food Paradise, I quite like their burger lo.

Dora, yalor hor?

Allie, hmm...next time I would like to try their ice-cream.

New kid, I read about your previous post too. :(

Selba, don't get cheated by its appearance, haha...

Jackson, the drinks is very refreshing. :) Thanks for dropping by ya.

minchow said...

The lime sherbet drink is soooo...GREEN! It's like the shade of Hulk. My recent visit to Swensen's was a mixed bag I think... I had the BBQ chicken too and it didn't blow me away although I liked that even the breast part was tender enough. The ice cream rocks though!

J2Kfm said...

still rmbr last time my Xmas eve dinner in Spore, we ate Swensen's.
din know that they've so many mains aside from the desserts.
and we had to queue up for seats!
something which i doubt we'll see at Swensen's here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails