Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shrimp Ball Tofu


Consuming prawns moderately once a week is beneficial to health. It is a good source of nutrients to prevent cancer, heart decease, Alzheimer's and joint pain. If you have high blood pressure, you should take moderate amount of prawns as the studies show it's good to control high blood pressure.

Shrimp ball tofu is a highly recommended dish. The steps for cooking is absolutely simple, just steaming. In this way, the nutrients in food are retained. Fresh sea prawn has its natural sweetness, so I just pair it with egg tofu which is light in taste.Both of them matched up with a perfect taste.

The important steps here is the shrimp paste preparation. With the correct method, you'll get an amazing outcome- the succulent and springy shrimp balls.



Shrimp Ball Tofu

Ingredients:

160gm of small shrimps, peeled and deveined
2 tubes of egg tofu
1 broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp of goji berries
1 tbsp of garlic oil
half tsp of salt
water

Marinate the Shrimp Paste with:

1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of glutinous rice wine
1 tsp of grated ginger
2 tbsp of egg white
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of corn flour

Steps:

1. Place the prawns in a plastic bag. Lay it flat on the chop board. Smash it with the back of a knife. Bring up the plastic bag with shrimp paste content and hit it onto chop board. Continue to do this step for several times. I hit it for about 10 times.

2. Pour the shrimp paste in a bowl. Marinate it with seasonings as listed above for 15 minutes.

3. Mean while, cut the cylindrical tofu into 1.5cm thickness and arrange the tofu on a heat resistant plate.

4. Wet your hands and a table spoon with water. Scoop about 3/4 spoonful of marinated shrimp paste and make it into shrimp ball. Place it on top of tofu. Continue to do this until you finish up all the shrimp paste.

5. Sprinkle some goji berries on top of the shrimp ball tofu and steam it over high heat for 5 minutes.

6. On the other hand, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a tbsp of garlic oil. Blanch the broccoli. Drain and set aside.

25 comments:

ann low said...

WOW! This is very beautiful and nice clicks too! Looks so delicious!I was talking to my husband the other day I want to make something like this... ;DD

ICook4Fun said...

I just love this type of tofu but too bad we can't find any here. I like to cook my tofu this way too. By the way, beautiful presentation.

Pam said...

This is a beautiful dish and I'm sure it's delicious!

choi yen said...

wow, simple yet delicious I believe~~

daphne said...

You make the classics so well! This is something that brings the "home" feeling to the dinning table isn't it? Nicely done!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look wonderful. Anything this pretty simply has to be delicious. As an aside, which of your blogs would you prefer we respond to? They are all great but time is a problem. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

MaryMoh said...

Looks gorgeous and delicious....mmm. I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Sook said...

What a great recipe! I love both shrimp and tofu! So I am sure I will enjoy these little balls. :)

Cynthia said...

This looks so yummy! I love steamed tofu and the shrimp looks so springy and crisp!

Little Inbox said...

Anncoo, this taste great. Give it a try!

ICook4Fun, you can use the square tofu too. Can you find that?

Pam, thanks. Yes, it is! :)

mimid3vils, this is something light but flavorful!

Little Inbox said...

daphne, hehe...thanks.

Mary,you can response to my food blog. :)

MaryMoh, no problem. I hope you like it!

kirbie, thanks for dropping by. I wish you'll love it too.

Sook, give it a try when you have time.

Cynthia, the shrimp ball taste incredible. Very springy indeed.

Babe_KL said...

i've made this but without goji berries and presentation not as beautiful like yours. gotta learn how to beautify my food :p

baobabs said...

my mother used to cook this all the time in my childhood days and I miss it very much just looking at your entry!

Little Inbox said...

babe_kl, that can be learned. I like to keep the food presentation to the very basic.

baobabs said, so now it's your turn to cook it?

-j- said...

they look really beautiful!!!

Joanne said...

I love how these are so cute and bite sized! And have goji berries! they make me happy. Love the pictures.

Noob Cook said...

so gorgeous! i love prawns, tofu and goji berries so this recipe is for me! going to try it out hehe

Little Inbox said...

Thanks Duckie! :)

Joanne, thanks to you too.

noobcook, i hope you'll like it. :D

tigerfish said...

I have forgotten to cook this simple delicious dish at home though I like it a lot. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Your photo looks beautiful!

pigpigscorner said...

Looks so delicate! Beautiful presentation and looks so delicious!

Dora said...

I'm sure i will like these. Healthy and yummy!

Little Inbox said...

Tigerfish,it's time to cook it again, hehe...

pigpigscorner, oh, thank you!

Dora, that's why I prefer to dine at home. :)

Food For Tots said...

Looks so healthy and yummy! I had cooked this dish before and always had problems to "stick" the paste on the tofu. ;)

Little Inbox said...

Food For Tots, I just located the shrimp ball on the tofu, and it sticks until it is served. :)

Selba said...

What a great idea to put goji berries on the top of the balls :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails