Consuming prawns moderately once a week is beneficial to health. It is a good source of nutrients to prevent cancer, heart decease, Alzheimer's and joint pain. If you have high blood pressure, you should take moderate amount of prawns as the studies show it's good to control high blood pressure.
Shrimp ball tofu is a highly recommended dish. The steps for cooking is absolutely simple, just steaming. In this way, the nutrients in food are retained. Fresh sea prawn has its natural sweetness, so I just pair it with egg tofu which is light in taste.Both of them matched up with a perfect taste.
The important steps here is the shrimp paste preparation. With the correct method, you'll get an amazing outcome- the succulent and springy shrimp balls.
Shrimp Ball Tofu
160gm of small shrimps, peeled and deveined
2 tubes of egg tofu
1 broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp of goji berries
1 tbsp of garlic oil
half tsp of salt
Marinate the Shrimp Paste with:
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of glutinous rice wine
1 tsp of grated ginger
2 tbsp of egg white
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of corn flour
1. Place the prawns in a plastic bag. Lay it flat on the chop board. Smash it with the back of a knife. Bring up the plastic bag with shrimp paste content and hit it onto chop board. Continue to do this step for several times. I hit it for about 10 times.
2. Pour the shrimp paste in a bowl. Marinate it with seasonings as listed above for 15 minutes.
3. Mean while, cut the cylindrical tofu into 1.5cm thickness and arrange the tofu on a heat resistant plate.
4. Wet your hands and a table spoon with water. Scoop about 3/4 spoonful of marinated shrimp paste and make it into shrimp ball. Place it on top of tofu. Continue to do this until you finish up all the shrimp paste.
5. Sprinkle some goji berries on top of the shrimp ball tofu and steam it over high heat for 5 minutes.
6. On the other hand, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a tbsp of garlic oil. Blanch the broccoli. Drain and set aside.