Thursday, June 3, 2010

Strawberry Oatmeal


Oatmeal for breakfast, anyone? If you think of having some simple and healthy home made breakfast, this is one that you can consider. It can be easily prepared even you are in a hurry.

Last Sunday I made this for our breakfast to kick start a nice day. Since I made a bottle of low sugar strawberry jam the  night before, I used it as the topping sauce for the oatmeal. Let the pictures tell how yummy it is. :)



Strawberry Oatmeal
(for 1 mug)

Ingredients:

5 tbsp of instant oats
1 cup of fresh milk
1 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of strawberry sauce

Steps:

1. Heat up the milk in a sauce pan. Add a tbsp of sugar and bring to a boil.

2. Pour the milk over the oats in a bowl or a mug.

3. Top with strawberry sauce. Serve warm.

14 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

good for health... healthy meal. :)

xin said...

so healthy and hearty! i always eat only oatmeal kosong :P at most with raisins due to laziness

ann low said...

My boys love oatmeal and this is definitely their favorite.

the lacquer spoon said...

Very cute! This breakfast meal makes our day happier :)

WendyinKK said...

Serving oatmeal with jam, good idea!

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, wat an elegant oatmeal..

pigpigscorner said...

I love oatmeal! I usually make matcha oatmeal and top with some peanut butter. Maybe I should add some jam next time!

Christopher C said...

Is it okay to boil the milk? Wouldn't the heat destroy the protein in the milk?Then again,this is a very nice and healthy meal :)

Anonymous said...

normally i only add raisins to my oats, thanks for sharing the idea of strawberry....

Stella said...

Hey! This sounds delicious and so healthful. Makes me want a bowl right now, mid afternoon! Nice...

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Wholesome meal = instant oat & strawberry :-)

Dora said...

A healthy and easy to prepare breakfast!

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

I love me a healthy, easy breakfast! I'll definitely have to try this! Thanks!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

daphne said...

Oh my goodness- U read my mind. I have been thinking of posting oats on my blog soon (prob do it later). I mix my oats up with fruits and mixed spice, zapped in the microwave, then add sliced banana and honey! It is sooo good. I can't wait for strawberries to be in the season.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails