Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Linguine Aglio Olio


Pasta Aglio Olio is a hot topic in food blogs. I've seeing lots of "flogger" cook up their innovative pasta Aglio Olio. I couldn't wait a second longer to try making one of my own. Personally, I prefer my version with lots of seafood, but unfortunately I had none, except prawns. So, I added lots of vegetables. It's another option boost my meal with more greens.:)

When I told hubby I wanted to cook pasta for our dinner, he expected the pasta with gravy. Too bad, he's not fancy over pasta in this Aglio Olio style. He has not get used to it. But for me, as long as it's spicy, I can gobble down a big plate of it. :P

It's time for me to contribute to Presto Pasta Night founded by Ruth. The host of the PPN# 167 is Kirsten.


Linguine Aglio Olio
Serves 3

Ingredients:

Linguine, quantity enough for 3
1 bulb of garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
10 dried chilies, dehydrated and cut into 2-3cm length
Half of yellow capsicum, seeded and sliced
18 medium-sized prawns, shelled and vein removed
5 Brussel sprouts, washed and diced horizontally
Olive oil
Salt to taste

Steps:

1. Cook linguine in a pot of boiling water until al-dente. Drain and set aside.

2. Heat enough olive oil in a wok. Saute the garlic until low heat. Do not brown the garlic. Add dried chili and swift to medium heat. Stir in prawns. Follow by Brussel sprouts.

3. Toss in the linguine and capsicum. Stir fry to mix well. Sprinkle sea salt to taste before dish out.

21 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

you're right... it seems like a favourite topic for floggers. :)

Priya Suresh said...

Gorgeous and very tempting dish..

xin said...

i have attempted a few times, but dont know why i couldn't get the restaurant kind. mine always ended up fried spaghetti instead. lol.

Anonymous said...

yeah, me too prefer pasta with gravy!!!! but urs version look quite healthy!

pigpigscorner said...

I prefer pasta with lots of gravy too =P but it does look really healthy!

tigerfish said...

I like your take on more veggies in this pasta :)

Ruth Daniels said...

Sounds very tasty to me. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Sometimes I just lightly "cook" the garlic in the oil - just until you get that wonderful aroma and then toss the drained pasta with the "sauce".

Pam said...

It looks great and you did it up perfectly! Yum!

ann low said...

your Aglio Olio looks so pretty and delicious. I can eat any type of pasta as long as it is yummy.

Little Inbox said...

New Kid, haha...lately I visited a lot of food blog in Chinese language. Been seeing lots of them posting up. Now is my turn. :)

Priya, thanks. Do you like pasta Aglio Olio too?

xin, need more practice, may be.

SimpleGirl, thanks. :)

Little Inbox said...

pigpigscorner, yes, more vegetables, consider as healthy.

tigerfish, recently I see you mostly post up on vege dishes too. Good!

Ruth, no problem. Anticipating for the round up.

Pam, thanks a lot! :)

Joanne said...

I love pasta aglio olio. All of that garlic makes me happy! Plus saying aglio olio is so much fun.

Stella said...

Oh My Gosh, this looks so good! I love the creamy look with the large dry peppers-yum!

WendyinKK said...

I just did an aglio olio few days back, due to be published in Oct :)

But I didn't know that it is currently a hot topic in the food blogging world, just that I felt like cooking it and that was it.

-j- said...

can open cafe already la ...

Little Inbox said...

Joanne, hehe, I see. :P

Hi Stella, it is not creamy at all.

wendyywy, haha, you really have a lot of queue up in the draft.

Duckie, ha?? You want to "pong chan"?

vialentino said...

wow...delicios aglio olio...my fav pasta

Unknown said...

hmm..... I never try to cook aglio olio before. Guess should try out one day. ^-^

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker said...

Haha I think most men don't like anything that's healthy! The pasta looks colorful and lovely. =)

cariso said...

Yes, my favourite pasta!

Little Inbox said...

vialentino, hello, welcome to my blog!

FoOd PaRaDiSe, hubby tole me my version taste different than those serve in restaurant. Sigh......

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker, my hubby likes the carbonara style and bolognese style.

cariso, I see. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails