Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cheese Baked Fish


A couple of weeks ago, my lady boss gave us a lunch treat in a restaurant. The Western food that I ordered on that day was Cheese Baked Fish. That's where I learned to make this at home. It tastes almost the same, except my choice of Sutchi fish does not have the muddy smell like the Dory fish that served in that restaurant. This will be the credit to my home made version. :)


Cheese Baked Fish
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 medium fish fillet (I use Sutchi fish)
16 cherry tomatoes, half
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
Half lemon, juiced
black pepper powder
salt
cooking oil
Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Steps:
1. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil. Oil the base with vegetable oil. Place the fillets onto it.

2. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with grated garlic, salt and pepper. Top the fish fillets with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Arrange halved cherry tomato on top of it.

3. Bake at 200C for 12 minutes or until fish is done.

4. Sprinkle the fish fillets with lemon juice and serve hot.

23 comments:

WendyinKK said...

Yum!!!
Cheese with anything is yum!!!

Indian Khana said...

Looks so yum and colourful

Pam said...

This is a must try! It looks and sounds delicious with all that cheese. Guess it would work with about any whitefish.

Food For Tots said...

My oven is still with the manufacturer pending "investigation". Hai....! Will try your recipe once I get it back. Looks very drool worthy. ;)

tigerfish said...

I like that you added the cherry tomatoes this way. Hmmmm....every bite of the fish must be bursting with juice :)

Jessica said...

Love this idea. I've always just broiled my fish with seasonings or perhaps fried it, but never tried with cheese before. Thanks for this recipe!

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Irada said...

This one looks delicious and definitely worth trying.

Little Inbox said...

wendyywy, oh yes, and just eat a little already full. :)

Priti, thanks.

Pam, any white fish is suitable for this dish, yummy!

Food For Tots, oh, what's wrong with your oven? All this while, I'm using small tabletop oven. I'm thinking of if it goes wrong one day, I want to upgrade to a bigger oven with grilling feature. :)

Little Inbox said...

tigerfish, you are right, the fish is juicy, and the cherry tomato taste good after baking.

Jessica, this is my first trial with cheese, and it's pretty easy to cook fish in this way.

Irada, thanks for dropping by and feel free to try my recipe. :)

Noob Cook said...

amazing! I need to cook more dishes like this: healthy, less fuss and so yummy :)

Fresh Local and Best said...

I've never had sutchi fish, it looks and sounds delicious!

MaryMoh said...

That looks like a pizza to me with the fish as the crust :D Looks delicious....mmm

pigpigscorner said...

Must be wonderful with the melted cheese...yum

cariso said...

This one looks better than those served in restaurant, no joke! :)

xin said...

yuuumm! i like your choice of fish. i m starting to detest dory, i get a jelak feeling after eating a few bites :S

Little Inbox said...

noobcook, it's easy to cook and no mess at all.

Fresh Local and Best, taste wise the fish is ok, not muddy or fishy smell at all.

pigpigscorner, oh ya, I love mine with lots of cheese. Yummy!

cariso, oh thanks! :P

xin, some ppl don't like the smell of Dory fish, but I'm ok with it. But with this Sutchi, it will be better.

Joanne said...

Homemade is almost always better I believe. Sounds tasty!

worldwindows said...

I like this simple recipe.

Little Inbox said...

Joanne, plus home made dish is very versatile, we can cook whatever we like. :)

worldwindows, will you try to cook it too?

Duckie said...

looks really yummy! will try the recipe =)

mysimplefood said...

This looks so delicious and so easy to make.

Little Inbox said...

Duckie, ok. Happy cooking!

mysimplefood, yes, a simple way to cook the fish fillet. :)

J2Kfm said...

The restaurant you went to happened to be Secret Recipe? :)
Coz I saw something like that in their menu.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails