Thursday, February 23, 2012

Air Fried Spiced Chicken Drumsticks (Air-Fryer Recipe)


These are oil free fried chicken drumsticks. Not a single drop of oil is used in marinating nor frying process. Believe me, this is the truth. Home cooked fried chicken can be done easily with air-fryer. Most importantly, less guilty of consuming fried food.

Air-Fried Spiced Chicken Drumsticks

Ingredients:
5 chicken drumsticks, excess fat discarded and cleaned
potato starch

Marinades:
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of turmeric powder
3/4 tsp of salt
1 tsp of light soy sauce

Steps:
1. Marinate the chicken for overnight in fridge.
2. Remove the chicken from fridge and leave it for 30 minutes under room temperature.
3. Preheat the air-fryer for 3 minutes under 180 deg C.
4. Coat the chicken drumsticks with potato starch.
5. Arrange the chicken drumsticks in the air-fryer tray. Air fry it for 12 minutes under 200 deg C. Over turn the chicken drumsticks and air fry for another 12 minutes.

6 comments:

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

These chicken drumsticks look so delicious! I must try this for the kids, they'll love it!

daphne said...

my kind of food for sure! And because it's healthy.. one more won't hurt!

Irene said...

Looks marvellous! I just bought and had my black Philips Air Fryer delivered to me yesterday, checked it with glee, totally excited. Did a trial cooking with salmon skin and fish fillet, didn't really turn out crispy but I think it's my fault, not the cooker's. I am scouring the net for simple yummylicious home cooked recipe for Air Fry... thanks for all your posts... love them! Will try out this drumstick next week.

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more said...

Pass me 10 of it, hahaha!

noobcook said...

really looks not oily at all... I intro your site to my friend who's thinking about buying an air fryer and she bought it after seeing your creations :p

Bo said...

I've never heard of an air fryer...I'll have to google it. The chicken looks so crispy not to be fried.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails