I woke up from a satisfying nap this evening, and was craving for Tom Yam. :) So tham chiak, hehe... However I feel like to cook my own instead of dining out, cuz I have lots of ingredients in the fridge. Too bad, I'm short of the most important ingredient, the tom yam paste. So, I just order my hubby to buy me a bottle from the nearby mini market. Fair right? Husband and wife got to work together mah... Agree or not?
Tom Yam with Maggie mee would be tastier, but I've restricted intake of instant noodle, so got to cook Tom Yam with vermicelli. After getting the dried vermicelli cooked and served in bowls, I continued with the Tom Yam soup base.
Ingredients for the soup base:
1. 100gms of oyster mushrooms.
2. 4 baby corns.
3. Half of tomato, slice into 4 pcs.
4. 8 medium size prawns.
5. 5 big fishballs, cut into half.
6. 5 pcs of kaffir lime leaves.
7. lemon grass, smashed the white part.
8. half onion, dice.
9. 2 & a half tbsp of Tom Yam paste.
10. Light soy sauce to taste.
1. Bring enough water to boil in a pot.
2. Add lemon grass, onion, kaffir lime leaves and Tom Yam paste and let it simmer for a while.
3. Pour in all the other ingredients and bring it to boil.
4. Add light soy sauce to taste.
5. Pour the soup over the vermicelli in the bowl and serve hot.
This is another simple meal to prepare and it will not mess up the kitchen. :)