Monday, March 16, 2009

Goh Huat Seng Restaurant

Mum and dad used to bring me to dine in this Chinese Restaurant, Goh Huat Seng. It was our favorite place for dinner after shopping in the town. After so many years, it's my turn to bring my parents back to this old place for some savory dishes.

This time, I also brought along my nephew Jimmy for the makan trip. The following dishes are either his favorite or my parents favorite. Of course, hubby & I love it too. :) We are not picky eaters. :P



My dad and nephew chose to have "lor ark". The quarter duck together with intestines is very delicious. The sauce was not salty, just nice. This was served with their special home made spicy and sour sauce. Hmm... makes me think of my mum's home mode "lor ark". One of these days I must pester mum to cook one whole duck, haha...


Tofu is everybody's favorite. I ordered the crab meat Japanese tofu. A generous amount of crab meat and fish maw are included in the gravy besides the vegies. I could find a whole crab claw. The gravy really goes well with rice.


Plum sauce crispy chicken drumstick. I just took a piece, and my newphew ate up the majority of them. The plum sauce is tastier than others we had at other places.


My mum ordered this asparagus stir fried with sambal and prawns. The asparagus is absolutely fat and juicy and the medium size prawns are very springy.

The cost for all the above dishes was only RM44, but some other things made it expensive. For example rice (RM1 for each bowl), tissues, and 2 types of ground nuts (RM2 per per tiny plate). So the total we spent was RM61.70.

Many people visit this restaurant for charcoal steamboat. I was drooling when I saw a group of people enjoying their hot pot of steamboat. This place is still very popular and crowded during dinner time. Do call for reservation.

Address:
Goh Huat Seng Restaurant Sdn. Bhd.
No. 59-A, Kimberly Street, 10100 Penang.
Tel: 04-2615811 & 04-2615646

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last saturday, I went there for the charcoal steamboat and had the same duck dish that you had.

Food Paradise said...

Yes....charcoal steamboat.... very tasty. I think I should make a trip there for their chu char already. Thanks for reminding me. ^o^

Food For Tots said...

Charcoal steamboat sounds interesting to me! A must-try makan place for me!

Penang Tua Pui said...

charcoal steamboat .. have to try for sure... heehee....

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hmmmm.... have not have a chance to visit this place.

Anonymous said...

I love GHS charoal steamboat....the soup base is so rich. The fried oyster also very nice!!!

Selba said...

Just give me a plate of plum sauce crispy chicken drumstick and I would be so happy :)

-j- said...

i've tried their charcoal steamboat. good but sweat and sweat more than eating!!!

Dora said...

The chicken looks good...and think it will go well with the sauce! ;)

Tummythoz said...

Funny. Can remember how we used to stand outside the restaurant waiting for a table to dine but cannot recall actually eating it. Hmm maybe never had the patience to wait to the end.

foodbin said...

well braised duck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails