Monday, March 23, 2009

Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant @ Queensbay Mall



I've been reading quite a lot of reviews on several of their outlets in Malaysia. Hubby went to their outlet in Gurney Plaza with his ex-colleagues previously before he started his home based job. He wanted to bring me there, but I was not in my mood to try it yet.

On a weekday evening, we passed by this restaurant in Queensbay Mall. Surprisingly, it's full house. This time, I pestered hubby to bring me there instead. :) We had no idea what to ordered cuz the menu is extremely long. I told hubby, why not to order those highly recommended in other reviews? So, here we go......


First, we had French Toast (RM4.50) as a warm-up. This is highly recommended by a lot of floggers. So, definitely we didn't want to miss it. :) To limit my calories intake, I just tested a mouthful. The creamy peanut butter melted in my mouth, wooolala......


This is my main meal, the rice with Roasted Honey Spare Ribs & Veggie (RM9.90). This is also a good choice. I like the combination. The spare ribs are delicious too.


Hubby ordered the rice with shreded pork, fried egg and mushroom (RM9.50). The taste is totally different than mine. It's flavourful with the aroma of mushroom.


Disappointingly, the drinks were the last to turn up. Both of us ordered hot milk. Hubby had egg in boiling milk (RM3.50) while I had my honey milk (RM3.90). I got the better choice, cuz my honey milk tasted much more yummy even though it's a bit sweet. :)

Kim Gary (Owned By Natural Habitat Sdn. Bhd.)
Tel: 604-6448208
Queensbay Mall's outlet: First Floor, South Zone.

11 comments:

-j- said...

the only thing i don't like about this place is the so complicated menus and all waiters having to speak in cantonese.

foodbin said...

the cooked rice looks too broken

Kristie said...

i love the toast!

Christina Kim said...

You're lucky your drinks came last; last time when I went with my friends, we had to wait for an hour for our food!! And they served others who came after us...grrr:(

Hope they have improved now:)

worldwindows said...

Similar to Wong Kok. Despite a hard to control big menu and patchy food quality and service the crowd love it. Hope this will bring some competition esp when they open where Wong Kok is.

Anonymous said...

I love the fresh toast at Kim Gary. As for the service, the one in Mid Valley was ok..

J2Kfm said...

way back then, when they opened their 1st outlet in Sg Wang, i felt the food's over rated.

the cheesebaked rice may be worshipped by all quarters, but then I tot they were dreadful. Wong Kok and Tsim Tung (both in KL) were miles better, I thought.

then Kim gary opened in Gurney when i was a student, and somehow, i felt the food's rather good. and the sets are reasonably priced.

Food Paradise said...

yes.... it's always full house. I always saw people queue outside and wait for their turn. I did not try the Queensbay mall yet but try the Gurney one before. lol

New Kid on the Blog said...

i never like this place... in fact, i have the photos lying in my draft folder... and am not bothering to publish it....

Selba said...

the last pic is honey milk, right? it kinda look like milk with butter fluid, no? hehehe

Dora said...

The rice with shreded pork, fried egg and mushroom looks good! Would like to try the egg in boiling milk too - think it is good for the skin right? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails