Wednesday, March 18, 2009
It's been a while I stopped posting home-cooked meal. Now, I'm back to cooking again after the house renovation completed. :)
Today's recipe is on spiral pasta. Normally I use spiral pasta in either fruits & veggie pasta salad or pasta with meat balls in tomato sauce. This time, I make an attempt to cook in different way. So, I came out with an idea to cook spiral pasta in Carbonara white sauce. Ingredients wise, I just add whatever I have in my fridge. Although it is just an ordinary pasta, but the combination is just nice.
Spiral Pasta In Carbonara White Sauce
Spiral pasta, qty for 2
1 can of Prego Carbonara White Sauce
2 mushroom chicken sausages, coursely sliced
6 big button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 medium size onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
Some broccoli, cut into florets
Some cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook spiral pasta as per packaging instruction. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Boil broccoli and cauliflower in another pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Stir fry onion till fragrant.
4. Add sausages, and saute till it turns golden brown.
5. Pour in the broccoli and cauliflower and mix well.
6. Add the pasta sauce and some water and let the sauce simmer for a while.
7. Pour in pasta and sprinkle some sea salt. Stir until heated through.