Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Portobello Spaghetti

Finally my kitchen renovation is completed. I managed to clean it up and started cooking a quick meal at home yesterday. There are still some kitchen utensil awaiting for my direction before they get a space in the cabinet. Haha...Means my job has not done yet.

I'm back to cooking now. Yoohoo~~ I longed to cook for so long. Even cooking a simple meal like spaghetti can cheer me up. I love home cooked meal. It's less painful to our body and to our wallet. Don't you think so? The first dish that dedicated to the new kitchen is my Baby Portobello Spaghetti. A fast meal that turned up in just 20 minutes. The spaghetti with just baby portobello, broccoli, onion and tomato pasta sauce can be a palatable vegetarian meal.

This dish is submitted to PPN#156 founded by Ruth and hosted by  Our Taste of Life.


Baby Portobello Spaghetti
Serves 2

Ingredients:

200gm baby Portobello, cleaned and sliced
1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
200gm broccoli, cut into florets
spaghetti, portion for 2
1 can of Prego mushroom pasta sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
20ml water
1/2 tsp of salt

Method:

1. Bring a wok of water to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp and salt and few drops of olive oil. Blanch the brocolli and set aside. In the same wok of water, cook the spaghetti as per the instruction on packaging until al dent. Set aside.

2. Heat olive oil in a wok, saute onion till translucent. Add broccoli and mushroom to stir-fry a while. Pour in the pasta sauce and 20ml of water. Leave it simmers a while. Toss in the spaghetti to mix well with the sauce. Serve hot.

29 comments:

foodbin said...

simple and looks great, too!

tigerfish said...

Good to hear your reno is completed and you are cooking again! This pasta dish is tantalizing...the mushrooms and tomato-based sauce...all calling me!

xin said...

looks so yummmy! i can almost taste the mushroom by looking at the picture!

New Kid on the Blog said...

yummy yummy la!!!!
you make me feeling cooking soon! ;)

Ruth Daniels said...

You must be so thrilled to have your kitchen back...and even better!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pasta with Presto Pasta Nights.

MaryMoh said...

A beautiful dish. I would love that for lunch.

Little Inbox said...

foodbin, yea, I like simple food. :)

tigerfish, I'm so relief right now. Phew........

xin, hehe, it tells that you love mushroom, right?

New Kid, soon we can share recipes. Sounds great!

Ruth, I took quite a long break from PPN. It's time to contribute something. :)

Little Inbox said...

Mary, in fact this is my comfort food at home.

ann low said...

Good to see you're back to your kitchen. Wish to see more of your baking and cooking ;))

choi yen said...

I love cooking too but I don't have my OWN kitchen, hope I can have my own house soon~~

TasteHongKong said...

This spaghetti to me is a comfort food for sure. Sometimes, dinning out just make me love my kitchen more.

Little Inbox said...

Anncoo, it makes me feel so good to cook in the new kitchen. :P

mimid3vils, ganbatte, sure you will own one if you really plan on it.

TasteHongKong, I feel the same too. :)

-j- said...

oh that looks so good. i love spaghetti.

Christina Kim said...

Wow, this is just so tempting and appetizing! Lovely lovely lovely! =)

Christina Kim said...

Wow, this is just so tempting and appetizing! Lovely lovely lovely! =)

Noob Cook said...

congratulations on completing the reno! love the generous amount of mushrooms in your plate :)

Sook said...

I love portobello mushrooms! This looks like a great pasta recipe. Can't wait to try it.

Little Inbox said...

Duckie, another spaghetti lover here.

Christy, thank you! :)

noobcook, I put the whole packet of mushrooms into the spaghetti, hehe...

Sook, same here, I love it too.

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Yes definitely agree -own cook safe $$ & better (if one can cook)

Food For Tots said...

I can imagine how happy and excited you're to be able to cook the food you like in a brand new kitchen. You must have a very strong passion in cooking and baking. Love your vegetarian spaghetti! A delicious comfort food! ;)

Big Boys Oven said...

this is awesome, do email me your conact asap! sidney

Little Inbox said...

MRC, you can learn cooking also ma. :P

Food for Tots, thanks ya...

Sidney, you can get my contact email from my profile. Hehe...

ann low said...

I going to bookmark this, looks yummy and beautiful click.

Pam said...

Bet you are loving your new kitchen! Your dish looks delicious and that is my kind of spaghetti. That would make for a great dinner this evening!

Little Inbox said...

Anncoo, I hope you will like it. :P

Hi Pam, thanks for dropping by.

Cynthia said...

This sounds and looks super delicious! I love anything with mushrooms in it!

kathy@myonlinemeals.com said...

Looking at the line up on the ingredients, Yes, I agree with you that this recipe is a sure hit for those vegetarians out there! Portobello mushrooms, broccoli and olive oil are recommended for their nutrition value.

cariso said...

I like simple steps in preparing food, like you too! Share more tips ok?!

Joanne said...

After being out of my kitchen for a while I definitely start to crave cooking! Both my body and my mind yearn for it! What a great dish to get back in there with!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails