Monday, March 8, 2010

Sawara Restaurant @ Pulau Tikus, Penang

Restoran SAWARA 
Noodle and Surimi
393, Jalan Burmah, Penang.
604-226 0516
Business Hour: 11am to 10pm
Non Halal

Initially when this restaurant started their operations, they serve steamboat and yong tau foo. But they stopped serving yong tau foo since a year ago. So now, you can either dine in for their steamboat, noodles, or some of their fish delicacies.

Sawara Noodles @ RM5.50

The pan meen alike noodles are served in dark soy sauce, top with mushroom, minced pork and choy sum, and garnished with chopped spring onion. Initially I thought this was their home made noodles, but the waitress proved that I was wrong.


Fish fillet soup with add on fish balls @ RM25

The soup base is kind of milky with very mild of black vinegar fragrant. I discovered that certain amount of chopped water chestnuts were added to the soup. The fish fillets in the soup was not much, but just nice for 2 of us. Between the fish fillet and fish balls, I prefer the latter. As you can see, their home made fish balls are not in round shape. In fact, it is made into flexi-shapes. It is not smooth as normal fish ball. Even though it is rough, but I just love the texture. I can taste the springiness and freshness.


Without this chili sauce, the meal will not be perfect. Their home made chili sauce with white sesame and Chinese parsley, hmm...sweet and spicy! Love it!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite pricy ya their fish noodles....but if the fish is super fresh maybe...as i can see their billboard emphasizes on 100% mackerel, they do have other fish related fishes ya?!

J2Kfm said...

I think I saw this .. is this on Jln Burma? The HUGE fish on their banner kinda distracting. :)

New Kid on the Blog said...

I went there once when they still have that Yong Tou Foo....
WEll, think should go there again, for another try.

MaryMoh said...

I love every dish here. I wish I can eat all of them.

-j- said...

i've never tried. never thought of trying too .. but maybe now can go try.

tigerfish said...

I would have thought they sell only fish dishes...so they have minced meat noodles as well :P

Noob Cook said...

I'm hungry now :D

Anonymous said...

The wait staff like cannot be bothered attitude and they're very stingy on their chili sauce (probably due to them also selling it in bottles)!

Little Inbox said...

SimpleGirl, yes the fish soup id quite pricey. But it gives me good impression for the first taste.

J2Kfm, though the fish is huge, but I never notice it until hubby brought me there, hehe...

New Kid, I have no chance to try their home made Yong Tau Foo already. :(

Mary Moh, in fact they have lots more. Just that not enough space in my tummy, hehe...

Little Inbox said...

Duckie, go try it out and let me know if you like it.

tigerfish, initially I was thinking if the Sawara noodles is topped with fish meat, hehe...

noobcook, oppsss pai seh la.

Anonymous, when we were there last Friday, it was still early. About 11.15am. So, the service was okay. Yea, I noticed that the chili sauce is selling at RM10 per bottle? Can't remember the price.

Taufulou said...

eh, didnt know pg got such restarant~

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

I think it's new one in P.Tikus???...reminds me of fish porridge in perak road

Little Inbox said...

taufulou, hi, thanks for dropping by. I just got to know it on last Friday.

MRC, got la, just you not so familiar with latest Penang liao. :P

choi yen said...

milky base soup? resemble fish head noodle soup?

Big Boys Oven said...

love to try! looks very yummy! :)

xin said...

the fish soup looks nice! i love love fish :D

Little Inbox said...

mimid3vils, not really, with the very taste of black vinegar, it really taste good.

BBO & xin, the fish ball soup worth a try.

Christina Kim said...

I used to go there for their Yong Tau Foo because I love fish!
However, I stopped patronizing them because their service was bad and the staff had unpleasant attitudes. Hope they have improved =)

email2me said...

This is one of the best place to cure Yong Tau Fu crave in Penang. The KAU YUE are fresh and springy

Little Inbox said...

Christy and email2me, they no longer serve Yong Tau Fu since more than a year ago.

TasteHongKong said...

I was impressed by Penang's fish balls, be they served by the hawker stall or the Chinese restaurant. They are bouncy, meaty, and I always love that plate of fragrant dipping sauce.

Little Inbox said...

TasteHongKong, thanks for dropping by. :) I'm glad to know that you love Penang's fish balls. That's great!

My Little Space said...

The hakka noodle looks so delicious! Have to make that some day. And reasonable price too!

minchow said...

For some reason this got me so excited! I remember being dragged there one time against my will by relatives a few years ago, and I simply REFUSED to acknowledge that anything tasted good so left without any memorable impression. This time, I'm going back on my own!!

Little Inbox said...

My Little Space, the noodle texture is more to pan meen, rather than Hakka noodle.

minchow, I hope that you have your time to really enjoy the meal soon. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails