Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pumpkin Muffin


I bought a huge pumpkin at a very low cost, so I decided to give myself a sweet treat. Here's my second batch of muffin hot from the oven. I baked a total of 18 mini muffins.

When the mini muffin were taken straight out from the oven, it tasted so soft and moist, but it turned harder the next day. Did I over mix the dry and moist ingredients? Too little butter? Anyone can help me on this? 


Pumpkin Muffin
Yield for 18 mini muffins

Ingredients:

1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
50gm of melted butter
1/2 cup of milk
200gm of pumpkin
2 large eggs
slightly less than 1/2 cup white fine sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt

Method:

1. To prepare the pumpkin puree, cut the pumpkin into wedges.  Steam it over high heat for 5 minutes. Leave it cool and mash it. Set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Paper line the muffin tin.

3. In a small bowl, combine butter, milk, vanilla essence and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Add pumpkin puree. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.

4. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 190 degrees C for 25 minutes.

5. Take out the muffin and leave it cool before serving.

13 comments:

Noob Cook said...

Your muffins looks really good. where do you keep the muffins over night? If I keep them in the fridge, they turn hard too. I usually store in a freezer and them toast them whenever I want a muffin, usually they become moist again after heating.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May I know how much milk is needed? Thanks.

Cheers,
KY

Little Inbox said...

noobcook, I just store it in air tight container at room temp.

KY, 1/2 cup of milk. Sorry missed out in the ingredient. I've added it in.

New Kid on the Blog said...

i tot that's common?

Sook said...

I love pumpkin! These muffins look fabulous. I'm trying these soon!

allie said...

The muffins looks so lovely!

Big Boys Oven said...

This is awesome, very creative baking :)!

MaryMoh said...

Pumpkin in amuffin? Wow....look moist and delicious. I would love some :)

pigpigscorner said...

The muffins look great! Love pumpkin!

Food For Tots said...

The muffins look perfect to me and the recipe sounds fine too. Did you use the same measurement cup for both dry and wet ingredients? Another possible reason is the baking time. Maybe u can shorten it to 20 minutes or lower it to 180C for the last 10 minutes. Hope it helps. ;)

Little Inbox said...

Food For Tots, oh yea, I share the same measurement cup. Also, thanks for the tips. Hopefully I can get a better result for the next round.

Food For Tots said...

There is a diff amount between dry and wet ingredients in term of one US cup. Eg 1 cup flour = 150g; 1 cup butter/sugar = 225g; Unless your measurement cup has the indicated amount for both liquid and dry measurement, otherwise you need to get a "spoon" cup for the dry measurement. Hope it helps.

Little Inbox said...

Food for Tots, I don't really know about that. Really appreaciate your help. I learn a lot from you. Never know about the difference of cup measurement for both dry and wet ingredient. I thought they are the same until you told me. Thank you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails