Friday, February 26, 2010

Kowloon Hainan Chicken Rice @ Yummy Cottage

We got free vouchers from Criz Bon Appetite's 2nd anniversary. One of them was a free chicken rice meal at Kowloon Hainan Chicken Rice. The stall is located at Yummy Cottage, a cafe that directly opposite to Red Rock Hotel, Macalister Road, Penang.

A plate of "Pak Cham Kai" was ordered by me. The chicken was served on a bed of bean sprouts. I purposely ordered this to taste its original flavor. It was good, not too oily, but juicy. Their "Pak Cham Kai" is different from other place as it is topped with their home made dark sauce. The sauce has been modified to suit their customer's taste buds.

Hubby chose to have their roasted chicken. Same as the "Pak Cham Kai", it is topped with dark sauce too. It's good to go with a plate of rice.


The chicken rice is cooked with garlic, just nice. But, I can't smell the ginger fragrant. If enough ginger paste is added, the rice will be perfect! :)

14 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

I haven't utilize them... been busy. Wonder is there any expiry date?

tigerfish said...

I am so hungry now! Help!

Little Inbox said...

New Kid, already expired on mid of January la...

tigerfish, courier service to you?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mike said...

Mmmmm... lunch time!!

MaryMoh said...

Mmmmmm....all my favourite food. Makes me hungry.

Lingzie said...

oh i love this chicken rice! have been eating at this stall since young (he was previously operating in a kopitiam on the opposite side of the road if i'm not wrong) and i also love the fish meat bee hoon soup here :)

Selba said...

I'm so hungry right now just looking at the Hainan Chicken Rice!

allie said...

My friend had this chicken rice before and he told me not nice :P
Perhaps I should try it out myself :)

daphne said...

ooo.. what a bonus!! I havent had good proper chicken rice in ages and that certainly makes me drool in anticipation!

Sook said...

Oh the chicken looks amazing!! YuM!

Big Boys Oven said...

wow this looks delicious! penang got loads of great food! ;)

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

LI -so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails