I bought a few packets of McCormick gravy mix during my last trip to Australia. Instead of using it to prepare gravy for grilled or roasted chicken, I used it to marinate the chicken upon roasting. The result is not bad, but I still think that the "chicken rub" seasoning can be further enhanced to improve the taste. I'll modify a little bit in the next trial.
2 chicken thigh, excess fat discarded
grapes, washed and rinsed
red cherry tomatoes, washed and rinsed
2 pink potatoes, diced
1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
3 tbsp of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
4 tbsp McCormick Onion Gravy Mix
pinch of salt
dash of black pepper
pinch of brown sugar
dash of mixed herbs
1. Mix all the ingredients and seasoning for the chicken rub. Rub it over the chicken thighs, and marinate it for at least 4 hours.
2. Half-cook the pink potatoes in hot boiling water.
3. Arrange the chicken thighs on roast pan. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of olive oil over it. Roast it at 200 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.
4. Embed the potatoes, cherry tomatoes and onion under the chicken thighs. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of olive oil over it. Continue to roast until the chicken is lightly browned.
5. Serve the chicken with potato, cherry tomatoes and grapes.