Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Steamed Arrowhead with Chinese Sausage


Besides making arrowhead into crispy chips, most Chinese especially the Cantonese like to steam it with Chinese sausage. Since I have some arrowheads in the fridge, I would love to give it a try. Otherwise, I will have to wait for another year until the next season for arrowheads.

I heard from my friends that arrowhead is "windy" so I added some grated ginger and Chinese wine. Not sure if it makes the dish tastier or worse. If you like the original flavor, just omit the grated ginger, garlic and Chinese wine. Personally, I don't like the arrowhead cooking in this way. Crispy arrowhead chips tastes much more better for sure.


Ingredients:

3 medium-sized arrowhead
2 Chinese sausage
1 tbsp of Chinese wine
1tsp grated ginger
1tsp grated garlic

Method:

1. Clean the arrowhead. Peeled and thinly sliced at about 2mm thickness.

2. Cut the Chinese sausage diagonally.

3. Arrange the arrowhead on a porcelain plate. Add the grated ginger and garlic on top of it and sprinkle it with Chinese wine. Arrange the Chinese sausage on top of everything.

4. Steam over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.

15 comments:

Stella said...

I don't know if I've ever had arrowhead, but your photo sure does make it look nice!

Sook said...

This looks interesting! I'd love to try it sometime.

allie said...

I tried this recipe with potato. I feel that somehow this dish is too bland. :P

foodbin said...

with ginger-i think it taste awful.
A happy and prosperous CNY to you.

New Kid on the Blog said...

bingo!!!
mostly cantonese loves such way of eating!

Tummythoz said...

I too have arrowheads in fridge. Since don't want to fry, was so excited when I saw your steam recipe but sadly you say it's not nice. Any other ideas?

Big Boys Oven said...

this is my favourite CNY dish, just awesome fantastic!

BIg Boys Oven said...

Gong Hei Fatt Choy! have lots of fun this festive!

squall said...

simple and nice season dish...
wish you happy chinese new year & happy V day...

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

HI LI

Wishing you & family a lovely CNY for this year :)

Dora said...

U like Arrowhead crackers?

minchow said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! I have never seen arrowhead used this way before! Thanks for the cultural lesson! :-)

Food For Tots said...

祝你虎年龙精虎猛!万事如意!情人節快乐!

daphne said...

I wouldnt have thought of it. Come to think of it, I havent had any lup cheong this year yet!

tigerfish said...

I have not tried arrowhead though I have seen them in markets and have also seen bloggers prepare them so often during CNY season :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails