I made these burger buns with reference to Alex Goh's "The World Of Bread". Finally I dug out this book of my book cabinet, which is been sitting there for ages. It has a series of fabulous bread recipes. For this burger bun, I followed his ingredients, and I used bread maker to do me the dough. :) How's the texture? Hmm...it's soft and fluffy. I'm loving it!
Makes 4 burger buns and a bread loaf
400gm bread flour
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tsp yeast
30gm vegetable oil (the original recipe calls for shortening)
1. Put all the ingredients into bread maker follow the sequence of liquid, semi liquid, and dry ingredients.
2. Select "dough" program.
3. When the dough is ready, divide it into 80gm portions. Mould into balls and put on a greased pan.
4. Let the dough prove for 15 minutes, then flatten slightly and continue to let them prove for 30 minutes.
5. Brush the top with water and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
6. Bake at 190 deg C for 15-20 minutes.
7. Slices the burger bun horizontally to serve with burger and salad.