This is the dish that my eldest sister used to cook for dinner when I stayed with her years back. Among all her home cooked dishes, this is one that I can still remember its taste until today. It doesn't look outstanding at all. But, it has very homey taste. If you like chicken, beancurd stick and sesame oil, you'll like this dish.
Sesame Oil Chicken & Beancurd Stick
2 chicken leg, skinned, deboned and cut into strips
80 gm of beancurd stick
200 ml water
1 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 5 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
dashes of pepper powder
light soy sauce to taste
1. Marinate the chicken with marinades and leave for half an hour.
2. Dehydrate the beancurd stick and cut into 2" length.
3. Heat up oil in a wok. Stir-fry the marinated chicken.
4. Add water and bring to a boil.
5. Toss in the beancurd stick. Cover the lid and let it simmers for 5 minutes.
6. Add light soy sauce to taste.Pour in the corn starch mixture for sauce thickening.
7. Dish out and serve hot with rice.