Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chili Sauce


My earlier dish - the steamed chicken was served with this home made chili sauce. It's the common dips that you'd find in local chicken rice. It's a great condiment to complement the steamed chicken, roasted chicken and roasted pork. Without it, my steamed chicken will not taste such good. Thanks to the powerful chili sauce! It's pungent, sweet, spicy, salty, garlicky, gingery and zesty. It's so flavorful and yet simple to make!

Chili Sauce
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
4 red chilis, seeded and cut into pieces
8 bird eye's chilis
1cm cube of ginger, peeled
3 cloves of garlic, peeled

Seasoning:
juice of 3 calamanci
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
salt to taste
brown sugar to taste

Steps:
Blend ingredients together. Add seasonings and mix well. Store in air tight container and keep in fridge. Try to finish it up in a week.

9 comments:

Cooking Gallery said...

This sounds like a fabulous recipe for sambal! Thanks for sharing :)!

Little Inbox said...

Cooking Gallery, this is not sambal. Sambal making uses balacan, but this does not require balacan. It taste totally different than sambal.

Food For Tots said...

Your homemade chili sauce looks great! Not only chicken, I can use it as dipping sauce for almost any dishes. I love the spicy stuff. ;)

ann low said...

WOW I love your chilli paste. Looks so good and can goes with any dishes.

pigpigscorner said...

This chili sauce is so versatile! You can even stir-fry with it.

tigerfish said...

This is power!

Anonymous said...

I have attempted sushi making in the past but have since stopped. Alot of work goes into making sushi. I prefer eating out...hehe..it's easier.

Little Inbox said...

LK, I love spicy food too. Very much indeed! Hehe...

Anncoo, hmm...chicken, pork, lok-lok, all seems quite good with this chili sauce. :P

pigpigscorner, stir-fry with it? Oh, will try next time. :)

tigerfish, true! Agree!

Mei Teng, your comment comes in wrong post, hehe...nevermind.
Well, let's see how long I can "tahan" to make sushi at home, hehe...

Noob Cook said...

looks very spicy & powerful, me like! I add chicken stock when I make chilli dip for steamed chicken, but that will make the chilli sauce slightly more watery

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails