Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday Cake with Yogurt Frosting


Remember what I mentioned earlier that I hope to make a frosting birthday cake for my dear? Yes, mission accomplished! Though it didn't turned out as beautiful as those selling in bakery shop. But hey, this is my first time making a frosting cake without proper tools, so I think the result is still acceptable. :-)


The base is a chocolate cake. I make a 2 layers of it, with peach-yogurt sandwiched in between. Then, it is topped with yogurt, and decorated with peach and strawberry. This is so called my version of healthy frosting cake. About 750g of plain yogurt is prepared for the frosting purpose. After draining off the water from the yogurt, what's left is only 260g in cream cheese form.

This cake is dedicated to my dear on his special day. Happy Birthday, my dear!

14 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

yogurt is home made or off the shelf?? cuz, i always find it difficult to make such cake. :)

happy birthday to your love one.

MeRy said...

Nice cake..

Babe_KL said...

doesnt matter how it looks to me as long as it's tasty plus it's made with lots of love, nothing beats that ;-)

Cooking Gallery said...

The cake looks gorgeous and colourful! It must taste great too :)!

tigerfish said...

Happy B-Day to your loved one. :) I think I prefer yogurt frosting to cream but I need to try first. :p

the lacquer spoon said...

A beautiful cake and happy birthday to your beloved!!

Stella said...

Hmm, good idea. I'm going to try it. Oh, and Happy Birthday to your family member;-)!

Little Inbox said...

New Kid, I used off the shelf plain yogurt. Thanks on behalf of hubby.

MeRy, thanks.

babe_kl, true also. At least I think hard how to make the yogurt frosting, and how to decorate the cake for him. Hehe...

Little Inbox said...

Cooking Gallery, thanks. It tastes ok, but not as good as the one with whipping cream.

tigerfish, thanks. Yogurt frosting is not easy to handle.

the lacquer spoon, thank you!

Stella, thanks. Remember to drain the water first.

My Little Space said...

Your cake is so beautiful and lucious! I want a slice too.... yummm... Enjoy your day.
Cheers, Kristy

Aaron John said...

Yay for healthy cake! haha. Your cake looks extra moist! Never saw a frosting with yogurt but it sounds great!!
Would you mind checking out my blog? :D ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com

Little Inbox said...

My Little Space, it's not beautiful. It looks ugly from the side, hehe...

ajcabuang04, ok, I will.

Pei-Lin said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your sweetheart! =)

Hey, considering it was your maiden attempt at layer cake, it wasn't too bad at all!! I hadn't heard of yogurt frosting till now! Thanks for sharing that!

Btw, give us your email address or anything that we can reach you personally. We'll pull you in when we meet up again! KL works for you? Or when me and Swee San travel up north to see Wendy, we shall let you know!

Take care till then! Have a good rest on Malaysia Day! LOL!

Little Inbox said...

Pei-Lin, Happy Malaysia Day!
I just leave you a comment in your blog. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails