Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chicken Kebab In Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce


Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Chicken is always my favorite. I'm inspired by the grilled chicken which is infused with the Nando's spices blended sauce. It just awesome!

Nando's sauce is available at most of the hypermarket now. So, with lower cost and little effort, I can prepare a yummy Nando's meal at home. I get the kebab roasted instead of grilling. If you are looking for kebab with a kick, this is one that you should try at home. It tastes exactly like the one served in Nando's.

Chicken Kebab
Yields for 6 -7 skewers

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (skinned, excess fat discarded and cubed)
1 red capsicum (seeded and cubed)
1 green capsicum (seeded and cubed)
1 tsp of salt (for cleaning purpose)
1 tbsp of olive oil

Seasoning:
4 tbsp of Nando's Hot Peri-Peri sauce
1 tbsp of light soy sauce

Steps:
1. Rub the chicken breat with 1 tsp of salt. Rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel. Using the meat tenderizer, knocker the chicken cubes at both side.

2. Marinate the chicken with 3 tbsp of Nando's Hot Peri-Peri sauce and 1 tbsp of light soy sauce. Leave it over-night in fridge.

3. Half an hour before roasting, remove the chicken from fridge.

4. Prepare the skewers with the chicken cubes and capsicums. Place it on baking tray.

5. Roast the skewers under 200 deg C for 20 minutes. Remove it from oven. Sprinkle a tbsp of olive oil and a tbsp of Nando's Hot Peri-Peri sauce over the skewers. Roast for another 10 minutes.

21 comments:

Stella said...

Yum! This looks delicious and is making me hungry even though I just ate;) I've been meaning to make some kind of skewers too...

xin said...

its bad that i dropped by here early in the morning :( now i wish i could eat this for lunch! i love the peri-peri sauce too, i have a bottle at home, and i love pairing it with chicken rice

Juliana said...

Yummie, the chicken kebabs look delicious, so colorful with the red and green peppers...

Anonymous said...

WOW, THAT's mouth watering, Nando's is charging RM26+ for kebab set with 2 sidelines...I will definitely but a bottle of sauce and try it..thanks for sharing

ann low said...

WOW! This looks so delicious and tempting makes me hungry :)

tigerfish said...

Never seen this sauce...it is fiery hot?

WendyinKK said...

Somehow I do not adore the peri-peri sauce. Hahaha.
But your kebabs sure look nice

Little Inbox said...

Stella, I hope to see your version soon. :P

xin, nvmlah, at least you have idea what to dine for your lunch, hehehe...

Juliana, thanks. Capsicums taste really good after roasting or grilling.

Little Inbox said...

SimpleGirl, it's really cost saving to cook the similar meal at home. I prepared a bowl of potato salad too, the one that similar to Nando's, hehe...

Hi Anncoo, thanks. Do you like it? Give it a try!

tigerfish. hmm...it depends, sometimes it's fiery hot, but sometimes just nice. The chili got seasons, haha...

wendyywy, oh I'm just the other way round. Super love it! :P

TasteHongKong said...

I'm afraid Nando's Sauce is new to me. Isn't the sauce creamy?

Pam said...

Great chicken kebabs! I'm definitely hungry now! Good job!

Little Inbox said...

TasteHongKong, the Nando's Hot Peri-Peri sauce is actually a blend of spices. Actually it's not creamy but spicy.

Pam, thank you! :P

Bits said...

This looks stunning! It had been long time didn't make chicken skewers! Yours looks delicious!

Elin Chia said...

I used Nando's Hot Peri Peri Sauce as marinade for chicken wings...gosh it was so finger licking good so I can imagine how great your chicken kebabs would taste....fantastically good..yessss? thanks for sharing the recipe. Will try making this :)

the lacquer spoon said...

I haven't tried the peri-peri sauce, but looks great! Good for a party too :)

choi yen said...

I love the garlic peri peri sauce!

Little Inbox said...

Bits of Taste, thanks. It's time for you to make some, hehe...

Elin, I see. You make me crave for roast chicken wing in hot peri-peri sauce pulak,hehe...

the lacquer spoon, hmm yes, can make a bigger portion to share with others.

choi yen, I see. If I dine in their restaurant, I will mix up the garlic and hot peri-peri sauce. Haha...

Cooking Gallery said...

Yum! Those look very spicy! Inviting indeed! I love Nando's sauce.

ICook4Fun said...

We love Nando's Peri Peri sauce. My sister brought me a bottle not long ago and we finished it in no time. Seeing this gave me an idea of what to do for our labour day BBQ. Beautiful picture like always :)

Little Inbox said...

ICook4Fun, oh, that means you love it very much! :) Next time you can try use it to marinate chicken. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

Marla said...

I bet that sauce is wonderful on these chicken kebabs.

Cookin' Canuck & I would love if you linked up to 3 of your Kebab recipes into this weeks Get Grillin' round up. The recipes can be anything & don't need to be grilled. This and any 2 others would be perfect. http://su.pr/1BZGKK

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails