This is an ad-hoc baking. I don’t have self-raising flour on hand, so I just mixed the plain flour with baking powder into self-raising flour. Although the cake looks ugly, but it is moist and aromatic. I'm not satisfied with its texture and marble pattern. The texture is rough, and the marble effect proved that I'm not a good baker. To improve the texture, I will try the egg separated method for the next attempt. :)
Coffee Flavoured Butter Cake
Makes a 8" square cake
200gm castor sugar
220gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp double action baking powder
18gm 2 in 1 coffee mixed with 1 tbsp water
8 tbsp evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the cake pan with baking paper.
2. Beat butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating well after addition.
4. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda to mix.
5. Pour in milk, vanilla essence and stir to mix.
6. Take half of the batter to mix with coffee.
7. Pour the coffee batter to mix with the rest of the batter.
8. Bake in the preheat oven for 50 minutes.