Monday, April 25, 2011

Fish In Soy Bean Sauce


I cooked this dish to serve with porridge. Whenever I'm having porridge, I have basic requirement of at least 3 dishes. Fish is one of them, follow by egg and green veggies. I learned this cooking method from my mum. I twisted it a little bit to make it into my version. For example, my mum uses ginger strips, but I just use grated ginger instead. The rest of ingredients are roughly prepared based on my memory on this dish. 

Fish In Soy Bean Sauce

Ingredients:
Fish fillets, rub with salt
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
a thumb-sized ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chili, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp of fermented soy bean sauce
light soy sauce to taste
sugar to taste
cooking oil
200ml of water

Steps:
1. Heat oil in a wok. Shallow fry the fish fillets till brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Clean the wok. Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Saute garlic,  ginger, chili and soy bean sauce till fragrant.
3. Pour in water and bring to a boil.
4. Add fish fillets and leave it simmers for 5 minutes.
5. Add light soy sauce and sugar to taste.
6. Dish out and serve hot with rice.

10 comments:

Three-Cookies said...

Nice clean flavous. I would also prefer grated ginger instead of ginger stripes

ann low said...

I think I can have this fish alone with the porridge. Looks so delicious!

Noob Cook said...

I love fermented soy bean sauce and this fish looks just so good ...your porridge meal is sumptuous with min. 3 dishes!

kitchen flavours said...

This looks good. Would be delicious with rice too. I would cook similar to this, with more gravy as my son really loves gravy! Thanks for sharing!

daphne said...

Lovely spicy dish with the soy bean as well. That gravy with rice! YUM!

joycezzz said...

yummssssssss............
this is something new & interesting!!!

just by looking i'm tempted to try cooking it~~~~~

Priya Suresh said...

Mouthwatering dish, yumm!

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

love fish cooked this way! I'll take this with rice tho hehe I'm a rice fiend!

Jun said...

Mmmmm, looks so delicious.

me said...

This is just so simple and flavourful! :) Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails