I’ve seen and tried several versions of steamed chicken. One of my recipe is to have the chicken steamed on its own with very minimal seasonings. The other kind of cooking is to have it steamed together with other ingredients and seasoned with wine. I experimented the latter with DOM. It tasted more towards sweet side due to the DOM flavour. Probably I added too much of DOM :). This time, I substituted DOM with Shao Xing Hua Diao Jiu, that is glutinous rice wine. I did this simply for comparison purpose. As a result, I prefer the one with glutinous rice wine. It suits my taste buds better.
Steamed Chicken With Mushroom and Black Fungus
Half of free range chicken, skinned and chopped into pieces
5 slices of ginger
2 dried mushroom, dehydrated, stalk removed and sliced
1 piece of black fungus, dehydrated and sliced thinly
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1.5 tbsp of glutinous rice wine
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of wolfberries, dehydrated
Some chopped spring onion
1. Arrange ginger slices on a heat-proof porcelain plate.
2. Arrange chicken on top on the ginger slices.
3. Top it with mushroom and black fungus.
4. Steam over high heat for 20-25 minutes. If you are using normal chicken, you can reduce the time accordingly.
5. Garnish it with wolfberries and spring onion. Serve hot with rice.